The FDA going to ban Menthol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
    Don’t see any problems with this. What’s the big rub? They’re trying to keep beginners from enjoying smoking. Sounds like a great idea. Sounds like it would be great for everyone
    I started smoking when I was 14. My uncle taught me how to hand roll Prince Albert. No menthol.

Comment

My body, my choice? isn't what they like to yell when it's something they don't want banned?

hypocritical morons

Comment

US Government is set to pass a bill banning hunting

Don’t see any problems with this. What’s the big rub? They’re trying to keep beginners from enjoying killing animals. Sounds like a great idea. Sounds like it would be great for everyone
        I changed this ^^^^ quote

See any difference?

Just because you don’t personally care about menthol cigarettes doesn’t make it ok for our Government to take it away from citizens. I personally don’t smoke, but I’m not gonna tell someone else they can’t do it. As Americans we have willingly given up too many freedoms as it is.

Comment

My dad is gonna be ******!

Comment

Ok you guys hit me haaa. I really don’t care about menthol or what the gooberment decides to do with it. They should have just banned cigs in the 50’s and we would t be having this conversation

Comment

Apparently, menthols are the favorites among smokers aged 12-17 (recently read this). Hmmm, if only there were a law against........oh never mind, laws are racist too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                No offense, but with all the knowledge we have had of the last 4 decades whos fault is it that your throat is messed up?
                It's all on the girly beer...once the ultra flows she whispers sweet menthols in marcos noggin.

Comment

New Zealand is looking at banning the sale of cigs to anyone born after 2004. I feel like NZ and Australia are trying to race us to the cliff.

Comment

They should have just banned cigs in the 50’s and we would t be having this conversation
                    Yeah.. we would be having a lot worse conversation.

Comment

In my younger, and much dumber days I gave a guy a Marlboro light. He immediately broke the filter off and said it smokes like a menthol when you do that. Never tried it, but I'm sure folks will find a work around.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Yeah.. we would be having a lot worse conversation.
                        Again, for clarification, I really don't care or have a dog in the fight. Folks are welcome to smoke cigs, weed, shoot some heroin or do crack and reap the wonderful rewards offered by each. Just because it's dumb doesn't mean it should be regulated....and yes, I know they're coming for my hunting license now …...I'm not the debater type but sometime it's just good fun around the fire to throw something out and see everyone get worked up about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          I started smoking when I was 14. My uncle taught me how to hand roll Prince Albert. No menthol.
                          That's awesome. Remember calling the local store asking if they had Prince Albert in a can?

Comment

Interesting comments.
                            Originally posted by mavrick View Post
                            Save more innocent lives by banning hops, barley, corn and wheat.
                            Bingeaux! But government needs those sin taxes...............more to come!
                            Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                            Feds and lots of local municipalities are banning all flavored tobacco, inc menthol. This isn't new. I'm in the C-store industry and they are really trying to stamp out the flavored vapes more so than cigs due to youth use, but menthol is being considered flavor, so it's going away.
                            I know, i know! I was wondering if I had dreamt that a few years ago. Thanks for letting me know I am not having early dementia........LOL!!!

Comment

I agree with the slippery slope comments. The #1 cause of death in the US is heart disease; much of which is caused by poor eating and exercise habits. Does that mean we should start banning certain types of food/drink that are bad for you? Of course not.

I'm all for trying to discourage the usage of tobacco products in general, but banning menthol or other products, is not the answer.

Comment

I had an uncle who died from smoking. I believe he smoked menthol's. He was 98 yrs old when it finally did him in. He was sitting on his porch right after pulling weeds in his garden. Had good pesticides still been on the shelf he probably wouldn't have pulled weeds and needed to smoke that day.

Comment

Working...
                                X