No announcement yet.

Found out how you’re supposed to drive in Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got behind a guy going through Norman with a big OU sticker and his snapchat handle on his back window. He gunned it under every bridge just to hear how awesome his truck sounded.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      I have noticed a reference in gender but I have noticed another very common factor but I can’t point that out....
      You ain’t wrong.....

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
        My favorite thing. Two jack***** running side by side at 5 less than the limit like they own the road. Second favorite - gassers blocking the diesel pumps when others are available.
        I've noticed when I point this out to people they later tell me they do it on purpose now. One buddy says he will only park at diesel pumps to go in stores. At least around here, the new stations are putting diesel at more pumps.

Comment

I have noticed a reference in gender but I have noticed another very common factor but I can’t point that out....
          We call them Obama supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Tykam View Post
            Got behind a guy going through Norman with a big OU sticker and his snapchat handle on his back window. He gunned it under every bridge just to hear how awesome his truck sounded.
            So your saying Aggies and Sooners have something in common then. My cousin is an Aggie and he loves driving through parking garages just to set car alarms off.

Comment

Flattening out Ranger Hill on I20 west didn't seem to stop the 18 wheelers from drag racing up the hill at 45 mph.

Comment

Dang near every time!

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                  What I have run into almost daily, is long haul trucks from other states, that are so used to running at 65 mph max or the company they work for has put a 64 or 65 mph governor on their trucks. Don't know which, but I sure wish Texas would make it illegal for them to be in the left lane for more than 1/4 mile, unless there is only one lane going that direction. If there is more than one lane, they should not be allowed in the left lane. What I see daily is the right lane will have 15 big rigs going 64 mph in a 75 mph zone. Then two or three big rigs in the left lane trying to pass all 15 big rigs in the right lane, and doing so at 64.5 mph or 65 mph. They won't ever hit 66 mph. Then before they can pass all 15 trucks, at least two of those 15 trucks will jump over in the left lane doing 60 mph and then slowly get up to 64.5 mph as they pass the other 8 or so trucks.

So they turn into a rolling road block for 15 to 18 miles. I am sure they come from communist state, that requires them to have governors set at no higher than 65 mph. Then you get variations from one truck to another. So some can do 65 mph, some can do 64 mph or 64.5 mph.
                  Happened to me heading east in I-10 between Columbus and Sealy. Me and 15 other cars/trucks were trying to get past the rolling roadblock. I was in the left lane at the head of our 'train' with all of us going 85+ so we could finally make the pass. State Trooper was on the right shoulder and pulled me over a few miles later. Asked me why I was going ~90mph and I explained the situation. He said he saw that too and understood why we were all going so fast. Said "well, try to slow down a little bit, okay? Have a nice day" and let me go. I'm not sure I'd do the same thing again, though, even as frustrating as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-R View Post
                    Why don't people understand "slower traffic keep right"?
                    This!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Barrilleaux View Post
                      Did you happen to see a Black Trans Am ?
                      I watched that movie yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                        So your saying Aggies and Sooners have something in common then. My cousin is an Aggie and he loves driving through parking garages just to set car alarms off.
                        Maybe more than they would like to admit

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                          I do keep in the right lane and the wanna be NASCAR drivers try to push you there as well. It’s like no one can go fast enough. And the closer you get to the city, the congestion grows, and their still driving 75.
                          Yep. That's why I don't get why people get so worked up about someone driving "slow" in the left lane. If they drive like they want to drive, it's a problem. If you drive like you want to drive (faster), they're supposed to get out of your way. Not to mention, more people are going to be in your way the faster you drive . Seems ironic...

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
                            Yep. That's why I don't get why people get so worked up about someone driving "slow" in the left lane. If they drive like they want to drive, it's a problem. If you drive like you want to drive (faster), they're supposed to get out of your way. Not to mention, more people are going to be in your way the faster you drive . Seems ironic...
                            This thread comes up several times a year. Get out of the left lane you’re breaking the law! In other words, get out of my way, so I can break the law! 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                              My favorite thing. Two jack***** running side by side at 5 less than the limit like they own the road. Second favorite - gassers blocking the diesel pumps when others are available.
                              Speed limit 75... one big rig is going 74, the other decides to pass going 75. Takes 10 minutes and 8 miles to do so, by which point you end up in a traffic clog that takes 20 minutes to sort itself out. Drives me crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                                What I have run into almost daily, is long haul trucks from other states, that are so used to running at 65 mph max or the company they work for has put a 64 or 65 mph governor on their trucks. Don't know which, but I sure wish Texas would make it illegal for them to be in the left lane for more than 1/4 mile, unless there is only one lane going that direction. If there is more than one lane, they should not be allowed in the left lane. What I see daily is the right lane will have 15 big rigs going 64 mph in a 75 mph zone. Then two or three big rigs in the left lane trying to pass all 15 big rigs in the right lane, and doing so at 64.5 mph or 65 mph. They won't ever hit 66 mph. Then before they can pass all 15 trucks, at least two of those 15 trucks will jump over in the left lane doing 60 mph and then slowly get up to 64.5 mph as they pass the other 8 or so trucks.

So they turn into a rolling road block for 15 to 18 miles. I am sure they come from communist state, that requires them to have governors set at no higher than 65 mph. Then you get variations from one truck to another. So some can do 65 mph, some can do 64 mph or 64.5 mph.

Then other times, when the traffic is moving 65 mph to 70 mph on 35 for as far as you can see. That will be the time, some big rig driver on speed comes flying up behind me doing 95 mph and just flat out acts like he don't care, he's going to drive right over me. I can't go left, right or speed up because off all of the other 800 cars on the road around me and ahead of me. I would sure like to be doing 80 mph myself, but because of the 800 or so other cars ahead of me, that ain't going to happen.

Then you have the people some of which seem timid and being in the left lane they seem to feel safer. Under no circumstance, will they speed up to 70 mph or 75 mph or move out of the right lane. Yes I don't like those people, but if I can get around them and go, I do. But when you only have two lanes and 18 wheelers in both lanes, going 64 mph for many miles, that just causes me to blow a fuse or two.

On our trips where we have driven up 35 or other interstates for long distances. We have noticed that it is very common for big rigs to be all over the road, taking up the lane they are trying to be in, then half a lane to the left and the shoulder to the right. On one trip, we can see probably 10 to 15 trucks doing this on a 600 mile drive. When I finally find a semi safe point to pass the truck, every time, you can see the driver is watching videos on his phone, or Ipad. Just completely focused on his phone. This problem seems to be very bad on IH 35, don't know why it's so bad on most any section of 35. I have seen it on IH 10, but not near as often. We took 35, up through Okiehoma an Kansas, it seemed like every 50 miles we came upon a truck driver watching videos on his phone and all over the road.
                                Made my post before I read this one. Yes, it's ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X