Poison ivy prevention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poison ivy prevention

It’s that time of the year. Always see threads about getting covered in poison ivy. Anyone tried this?

Protect yourself from a painful poison ivy rash with Rhus Tox! See more information about the supplement and buy it on our website!

learn to identify it. Sometimes you just can't help it because it gets on something else that you touch you are unaware it is on.

Comment

I carry a bar of "poison ivy soap" in the truck all the time and wash all bare skin thoroughly when I get back to the truck. Really any good oil removing soap will work. It takes a little while for the urushiol to cause a skin reaction so if you get it off quick enough you'll be fine.

Comment

if you have to be in it rub an oil on your skin...mineral oil, vaseline, etc. Then you can wash the oil away with soap and the PI with it.....I have not tested this in years....don't rub your huevos.

Comment

When I know that I’m going to be in it I carry rubbing alcohol with me to clean any exposed skin after I’m done working/hunting. This has helped me a lot.

Comment

Leaves of Three, Leave It Be

Comment

Good ol Kansas poison Ivy!

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

Comment

My Mother was very allergic to poison ivy. Her doctor told her to carry Hydrogen Peroxide & cotton balls & wipe down any skin exposed. It worked good.

Comment

I take a gallon of water and a deal of ajax, when I’m done i scrub all the exposed areas i bring a change of clothes and take a HOT shower with ajax ASAP!

Comment

Saw a bunch popping out at the archery range today for the first time.

If this stuff works Rotney, I am all in

Hope to see you at Bownanza

Comment

Might need to try some.

Comment

I think I’m breaking out just reading this thread!! I used to get it all the time working hurricanes from folks burning storm debris

Comment

I hate it something bad!

Comment

Gojo hand cleaner works very well. Palmolive and dawn work good also. Lots of soap and hot water.

Comment

Man reading this as I scratch my poison ivy rash, lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X