SW 629-3 Classic 44 mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SW 629-3 Classic 44 mag

Thinking about trading for one. Not really sure the value in todays market. It's in excellent condition. 6.5" full underlug barrel and Sw logo hogue grips. If my research is correct, this model was made from 1989-1993? Any input is appreciated. I'm not very savvy with the SW revolvers, but really like it.

Check out completed auctions on Gunbroker. That will tell you what they are selling for, but not necessarily what they’re worth.

Comment

Around $900 if minty / low mileage...possibly more if complete with box & paperwork.

Comment

I have one with a 6” ported barrel my dad gave me. From the little research I’ve done, those with full under lug, no locks, and the hammer mounted firing pins (all forged parts) were considered top quality. Not necessarily the most collectible/valuable as that is generally based on rarity, but you won’t find a better gun IMO.

It’s not bad at all to shoot with most of the range ammo, even with magnums rather than specials. The Winchester 240 gr JSP hunting loads will wake you up though.

Comment

I bought one in ‘91 and still have it. It has killed many critters!

Comment

That's about as good of a hunting revolver you will ever find, very accurate. I would say it should be worth somewhere around $800 to $900.

Comment

Working...
            X