Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Coon Carnage Count Thread

Happy New Year! Hope your 2019 year and season was a good one![emoji41]

Aight folks ...we had 2017 with 1781 coons, 2018 with 860 and 2019 791 meeting their demise. That’s 3,432 confirmed food bills paid!.....

Bring on a bountiful 2020 for helping save those turkey and quail eggs as well as those feeder timers and solar panels..

Most of us already have our traps but in case some folks don't, I'm going to repost the pics I did last year in case somebody wants to jump into the fun. If you don't have any coon cuffs/dogproof traps, here is your motivation to go get a set or two or 10... Gun kills qualify too. Hell let's add TBHer vehicle kills as well because a dead coon is a dead coon....but don't do anything stupid trying to get one with your BF Goodrich.

When you get one or some, post your number and add it to the current running total.

Also if you don't mind, list how you got them... ie, trap type, bait used, or weapon if hunting them ....or of course vehicle kill. Listing will hopefully help some folks get and idea if they are new to it and want to start up.

We'll get after them hot and heavy this March and April and on any of our trips out west on lease work trips this summer using Duke dogproofs corn and/or marshmallows....

Good luck!

Last edited by Smart; 01-05-2020, 03:06 PM.

2020 Coon Carnage Count Thread

I’ll start off the count with 4, caught with the dukes traps, baited with cream cheese and chives crackers topped with protein pellets. Here is a pic with 3 of the 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hchntr; 01-05-2020, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
      I’ll start off the count with 4, caught with the dukes traps, baited with cream cheese and chives crackers topped with protein pellets. Here is a pic with 3 of the 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heckuva start to the new year! Niiiiice!

Comment

Way to go! Whack dem trash pandas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Buddy says this is Coon Carnage :-)
          I was thinking a buck was getting anthers caught. This is by first time heading this issue......

Last weekend I fixed this same issue.
          And put a new 6V solar panel on. Refilled with 200# corn.

Saturday I decided to drive by it and it was r up again. The was the 4th time.

Replaced battery, solar panel added Foreverlast Varmint Cage and filled. I just thought maybe we should have only added 2 bags of corn...

I'll be back out in 2 week's our maybe next weekend. Might bring me a Dukes......

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Not sure why pictures sideways....

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

I had 4 this weekend myself in the Dukes traps.

Makes 8

Comment

8 + 2 is 10.

2 last night on dukes. THWANK.

Comment

I've already caught 5 in live catch traps, this year.
                  They all subsequently succumbed to .22 caliber induced brain seizures, shortly thereafter.

That makes a 2020 total of 15, to date.

Comment

New count is 20.

Got 2 more this morning plus I had caught 3 others since Jan 1.
                    All in Duke's with just corn. Then shot while dancing with a Ruger SR22.

Gotta remember to start getting pics....

Comment

Thx for the new thread, didn't know there was one until I scanned back over 2019.

Comment

Caught one in a hog snare today.
                        Every time I upload a pic lately it says upload failed....not sure why.

Comment

I got a double during the day today for my first of the year. I usually catch them at night, but the traps were empty when I left this morning. When I came back I had two.

Comment

Trail cameras show at least 6 big fat ones at one of my feeders. One of them is "the spinner" who climbs the feeder ladder and sticks his arm/hand through my coon cage somehow. I have now caught 3 of the bastages but am not sure if I have caught the spinner yet or not. Those 3 have gone on to coon heaven. Thanks Jack for the use of your coon cuffs. To be continued.....

Comment

Got two this morning while driving my morning bus route. They don’t jar the bus as much as pigs or deer

Comment

Working...
                              X