still at it
    Attached Files

Comment

May 24

Kenna working at it
      Attached Files

Comment

May 25

decided to pull the motor and here we go... never would have thought i would attempt this
        Attached Files

Comment

May 27

Coming apart nice but its going to slow down when it cost to move along....
          Attached Files

Comment

looking great! lots of memories being made by all involved.

Comment

My first truck was an '85 K20, and these pictures are giving me a weird mix of envy, and anxiety...

I'd replace the fuel tank selector switch, and the fuel tank selector valve/solenoid, while it's apart.

If you're going to put a lift kit on it, I can save you some misery removing the horseshoe shaped steering arm on the drivers front axle.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                My first truck was an '85 K20, and these pictures are giving me a weird mix of envy, and anxiety...

I'd replace the fuel tank selector switch, and the fuel tank selector valve/solenoid, while it's apart.

If you're going to put a lift kit on it, I can save you some misery removing the horseshoe shaped steering arm on the drivers front axle.
                This is all solid advice. And should be done.

But, I will speak for Dale as he is also envious in his true statements

Comment

June 1

Kenna wanted to keep going..
                  Attached Files

Comment

June 1

Kenna
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by C R Cox; 08-03-2021, 06:37 AM. Reason: forgot the pics

Comment

June 3

cutting out some bad spots
                      Attached Files

Comment

June 9

Fitting up the patch with Kenley and Dana.... Kenna is MIA today.
                        We are going back with vintage air so im filling in the big hole and will fit the new a/c once i get that far.. Next Year
                        Attached Files

Comment

June 15

This is about it for progress as of now. We have tinkered a little more but this is about it. We have been catching up around the house mowing pastures and normal stuff that needs done and should pick back up soon.
                          Attached Files

Comment

In! My first ride was an '85 Chevy 1-ton, SRW; big block and that bulletproof old granny 4-speed they used to make horse-walkers out of. It was a great truck.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                              In! My first ride was an '85 Chevy 1-ton, SRW; big block and that bulletproof old granny 4-speed they used to make horse-walkers out of. It was a great truck.
                              That was a hay haulin special. Put it in granny gear, hang a weight on the steering wheel, and get out to walk beside it and load hay.

Comment

I built an '81 SWB in highschool. Painted it the color I wanted, lifted it and shoved a big ole Edelbrock on top of that 350. I'd give 10k to have it back.

Comment

Working...
                                X