No announcement yet.

I don’t know what to say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can take the boy out of East Texas, but you can’t take East Texas out of the boy...

Comment

How far away from a fence does a person have to be to satisfy everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
        Gotta be something. We have a neighbor on a timber company lease that has his feeder about 25 yards from the fence. You can drive down the road on our side and see it easily through the fence brush. There’s a heavily used path going from our place to the feeder (mostly by hogs I think) but i think the next time I’m down there I’ll get my climber on a tree and see what’s coming through. I mean is it ok to fence hunt a fence hunter?
        Hunting trails leading to a food source is hunting 101

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
          How far away from a fence does a person have to be to satisfy everyone?
          you know, I don't care if a hunter on another property hunts the fenceline, as long as he stays on his side and don't shoot into mine. Some people get butt hurt by it but not me.

SH

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              Hunting trails leading to a food source is hunting 101
              That’s what I was taught

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                You just confessed to breaking the law on an open forum
                Which law would that be Karen? I don’t think it would be considered hunter harassment to dump on your land 6’ from someone’s feeder, hogs or anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                  Which law would that be Karen? I don’t think it would be considered hunter harassment to dump on your land 6’ from someone’s feeder, hogs or anything else.

If I’m correct, it’s illegal to transport hogs. Dead or alive.

Comment

Maybe he hung it there to irritate his neighbors and has no plans on hunting it.
                    Not sure about Texas but my properties in Colorado, the power poles on my land were owned by me and were my responsibility. I used to hang stands from one of them to practice from.

Comment

I second the question previously asked about the minimum distance from a fenceline... The place I'm on already had 4 feeders set up, two of which I would consider "on the fenceline" There really isn't anywhere else on the lease to put them due to the size and tree density of the place. The shooting lanes are safe... The feeders are 10 and 17 yards from the fenceline, the blind is 13 yds from the fenceline, and we have no equipment to move it.

The group there previously put it there and they were on the lease a number of years (they were from Arkansas so that explains some of it )...but it would be nice to know if we ever met the neighbors, I could have an expectation of what may come up.

Comment

Put one on the other side.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X