X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the license plate in today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice. I am a little over 6'2" and I had trouble driving and shifting the one we had at the lease. Not really made for big people, but good little buggies. Nice job.

Comment

You did one hell of a job on her, looks good! I couldn't help but pick up this one up the other day, she runs and drives, now for the lift, new shoes and liner all the way around. Let the fun begin!

Comment

Those are some awesome buggies. Now I want one.

They look like if you stop to fast they will roll onto their front though. LOL

Comment

What light bar and pods are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by Alphabets View Post
              What light bar and pods are you running?
              Some el cheapo's I got off of Amazon. They didn't come with a relay, so I ordered some relays separately and hooked them up. So far they've worked great and put out more than enough light.

They are KEENAXIS brand. I paid $89 for all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ragintexan411 View Post
                You did one hell of a job on her, looks good! I couldn't help but pick up this one up the other day, she runs and drives, now for the lift, new shoes and liner all the way around. Let the fun begin!

Heck yeah! That's a good start. Have fun and post up some pics of your progress

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                  Those are some awesome buggies. Now I want one.

They look like if you stop to fast they will roll onto their front though. LOL
                  Haha I'm sure you could with enough speed. I've seen some guys mount a TJ bumper with stinger on the front of them

Comment

It’s fun going down creek banks! Looks like your about to crash land looking out windshield..... then 4” before impact the nose comes up! Lol

Comment

How difficult would a spring over axle conversion be for the back? Those looong shackles always worry me, and the overload spring hanging down so low.

Really nice rig!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        How difficult would a spring over axle conversion be for the back? Those looong shackles always worry me, and the overload spring hanging down so low.

Really nice rig!
                        Shouldn't be too hard but haven't really looked into it. Depending on the amount of lift, you may have to lower the trans/t-case to correct the driveline angle.

The front you're somewhat limited with the stock CV's on the amount of lift. If you lift it too much, the CV's will bind.

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                          Shouldn't be too hard but haven't really looked into it. Depending on the amount of lift, you may have to lower the trans/t-case to correct the driveline angle.

The front you're somewhat limited with the stock CV's on the amount of lift. If you lift it too much, the CV's will bind.
                          If the springs would allow for it, you would just shorten the shackles for the same amount of lift you have now. Which would strengthen the shackle, and get the spring up away from the ground, but not change the driveline angle from where it is now.

Just thinkin out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            If the springs would allow for it, you would just shorten the shackles for the same amount of lift you have now. Which would strengthen the shackle, and get the spring up away from the ground, but not change the driveline angle from where it is now.

Just thinkin out loud.
                            True. I may look into it after season is over and I bring it back home. Other than welding a new perch and shortening the spring, there isn't much too it.

What would be really nice is a 4 link rear with a solid axle front swap

Comment

I ran a feed route daily for several years in one with right at 1 Ton in the bed @ highway speeds with the shackle lift and never a problem.

Front end with a 2.5” it absolute maxed out in cv axles. It would take lots of fabricating and custom building to get any better than the hats available.

It will ride 20x better with about 200# in the bed anyway, lol

Comment

That thing looks fun

Comment

Working...
                                X