Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vietnam veteran denied compensation for wartime injuries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
    This is why we read about 20+ veterans a day committing suicide. It's a wonder anybody enlists anymore knowing how folks get rode hard and put up wet just to be forgotten by the system.
    Yessir ! Actually 22 veterans committ suicide EVERYDAY in the USA. Many from the older era.[emoji15] I proudly participated in the "Pushup 2200 Challenge" for the month of April. 75 per day for the month equaled 2200.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

First thing I did was find my county advocate. He had me write down everything that was wrong with me, including drinking arsenic tainted water at Camp Lejeune for my last two years. Like everyone else that has been stationed there for decades.
      They went point by point and denied benefits until it came to my hearing. I was in a tank battalion my last two years. I had lost part of my hearing. I was compensated for that.
      Another point. You have to go back and scrub your own DD214. I did and found that the folks on the last campaign had been awarded additional service ribbons. I didn’t find this out until last year when I googled it.
      Look up the operations you were on and go from there. Again, the VA will not scrub your 14. If you want it changed you will have to fill out paperwork and send it into records division.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        I work with several fellas who get quite a bit of compensation from their 4 years in the service. One get 100% and he is a power lifter fireman.

Old school guys may be forgotten but the one in the last 15-20 year ain’t.
        Yep, we hear that alot since we are sooo close to all of this. My younger cousin is a supervisor at a chemical plant back home. He did 8 years in the navy....zero issues. He says two guys his age are 100%. He says they joke about it all the time at work as they pass on working overtime hours, unless mandatory. New bass boats, vacations and trucks every 3 or 4 years with that government money and use the plant money for homes and family bills. Just really [emoji20] discouraging.

Comment

Sailor your the Vietnam equivalent of the rifleman! That hair is bad azz!
          Semper Fi!

Comment

All I can say as a son of a Vietnam Vet is to keep trying. Either him or you, if possible.

My dad wouldn’t except help the. One day my sisters father-in-law spoke to him enough to change his mindset. It took a lot of visits and I’m sure a lot of hassle for my parents but he eventually received 100% plus back pay. My dad didn’t make it many years after that, but it’s been a blessing for my mom after he passed and that was his main goal. She’s able to keep certain benefits of his which go a long ways towards supplementing a teachers retirement. Just wish he had done it sooner as his entire demeanor changed for the better once he knew the family would be alright and he could retire from construction.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Yep, we hear that alot since we are sooo close to all of this. My younger cousin is a supervisor at a chemical plant back home. He did 8 years in the navy....zero issues. He says two guys his age are 100%. He says they joke about it all the time at work as they pass on working overtime hours, unless mandatory. New bass boats, vacations and trucks every 3 or 4 years with that government money and use the plant money for homes and family bills. Just really [emoji20] discouraging.

Man these stories burn me up!!!!! I would be making some phone calls... Can't stand scammers, con artists and free loaders....

Comment

I realized a long time ago the govt does not give a rats azz about the vets. It’s all blabber.

Many Americans do. The govt is a whole different story.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  I work with several fellas who get quite a bit of compensation from their 4 years in the service. One get 100% and he is a power lifter fireman.
                  Old school guys may be forgotten but the one in the last 15-20 year ain’t.
                  I work with 2 that have disabled vet tags on their trucks and get a check every month. One has sleep apnea and the other has a bad knee. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

Very familiar
                    The one I mentioned got qualified for 100% because he used a company to help and they used the excuse he has erectile disfunction. Took him from 90 to 100 and he talks about railing his wife constantly. Now with 100% he no longer pays property tax so currently building a 650k house.

Comment

Originally posted by bdubb View Post
                      All I can say as a son of a Vietnam Vet is to keep trying. Either him or you, if possible.

My dad wouldn’t except help the. One day my sisters father-in-law spoke to him enough to change his mindset. It took a lot of visits and I’m sure a lot of hassle for my parents but he eventually received 100% plus back pay. My dad didn’t make it many years after that, but it’s been a blessing for my mom after he passed and that was his main goal. She’s able to keep certain benefits of his which go a long ways towards supplementing a teachers retirement. Just wish he had done it sooner as his entire demeanor changed for the better once he knew the family would be alright and he could retire from construction.
                      Bingeaux!!!!!!!!!!! That is the ONLY reason my dad has decided to fight the good fight. He is 7 years older than mom and he finally understands "being STRONG" is not only about him.

Comment

Yeah the vietnam vets got the shaft big time. Hillarious what modern vets get disability for compared to Vietnam era guys.

My age is such that i worked under a lot of vietnam era guys when i was younger. They went through hell there and when they came back home.

Whats the deal with brown water? Why wouldnt they get benefits. A lot of those guys saw tons of action in combat.

Comment

Just out of curiosity what is the claim he is making? Didn’t see it posted maybe I missed it. So many types of claims. Im assuming ptsd since there is a burden of “brown water” I assume means combat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                            Yeah the vietnam vets got the shaft big time. Hillarious what modern vets get disability for compared to Vietnam era guys.

My age is such that i worked under a lot of vietnam era guys when i was younger. They went through hell there and when they came back home.

Whats the deal with brown water? Why wouldnt they get benefits. A lot of those guys saw tons of action in combat.
                            I see more Vietnam era Vets at the VA than any other era vets. Which makes sense because of their age. More ailments. Modern vets? I assume you served so can throw shade at your own.

Comment

I’m not sure how it all works but my FIL was in the thick of the jungle and he’s getting a really big check every month right now being 100% disabled,, he did retire with a high rank though.. That crap they were using really messed him up though. They say it was Agent Orange that got him.. Anyone injured in the line of duty should get whatever’s available period,,,, They deserve everything and anything they can get IMO!!!

Comment

Thats why I kept every set of orders, red passports, shot records, pictures, medical records, original performance reports, you name it.

Wasn’t in the Vietnam conflict but been in many places where the mission didn’t meet designated criteria for war zones. I have seen way to many Vets slipping between the cracks like the OP posted…But, I’ve seen even more liars.

Beware the Veteran with an over abundance of “Humanitarian” medals and Presidential Unit Citations.
                                Last edited by Johnny44; 05-03-2021, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X