Young County Property Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    Looks great! I wouldn't worry too much about the mesquites, they will be fine. Can you tell us more about the turkey?
    Not alot about the turkey. I called in a group of jakes one afternoon and had already decided I would take the 1st gobbler that gave me a chance. Hit him with a load of TSS #9's at about 30 yards. Fell like a sack of taters and never moved. Tried to get one with a bow this last trip, but got busted. Lol!

Comment

Looking great sir!

I can only dream at the moment.

Comment

Awesome progress David It’s just the beginning

Comment

Sweet sounding place. How far a drive is it from h-town? Is this a weekend place or are you fixing to retire? Did you consider anything closer? I couldn't handle long drives each weekend. Congrats on a cool place

Comment

Looking good bud.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
              Sweet sounding place. How far a drive is it from h-town? Is this a weekend place or are you fixing to retire? Did you consider anything closer? I couldn't handle long drives each weekend. Congrats on a cool place
              Thank You!
              We actually had 2 places before this one. 1 was about an hour closer. We picked that area,because we liked the terrain & the variety of game for hunting. Also that area offered some of the best prices on land. Its about 6 hours. I don't mind the driving. I have driven further to leases for weekend hunts. I am retired ,but my other places were about the same drive. Wife is going to retire in a couple of years & we are planning on moving up there ,but if not we will still be up there plenty. I try to go once a week or at least every 10 days or so. Love to get up there & work. To me it is such a satisfaction to step back & see how the place progresses. To be honest , I enjoy just doing stuff or piddling over hunting most of the time.

Comment

Awesome David!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice deer in that area. I have lease in Proffitt.

Comment

Alot of wildlife to be had out there and also close to Mary’s!!

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                      Alot of wildlife to be had out there and also close to Mary’s!!
                      I think it's about 71 miles one way from Newcastle to Strawn, but could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome stuff David. Looks like you've got it all with deer, birds, and soon to be fish!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          To be honest , I enjoy just doing stuff or piddling over hunting most of the time.

I’ve found the same to be true for me. I’d rather be running the chainsaw or driving the tractor improving my place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you need anything just PM me, I have lined in Graham my whole life. I manage a fuel and propane company here, and know everyone who sells anything you might need.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                              If you need anything just PM me, I have lined in Graham my whole life. I manage a fuel and propane company here, and know everyone who sells anything you might need.
                              Thank You! May come calling one day! LOL!

Comment

alright, alright, alright!!

Comment

Working...
                                X