Phone App to Determine Plant or Animal Species

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone App to Determine Plant or Animal Species

Maybe some already know about this app, but it's pretty cool. Called iNaturalist, and it's free.

My daughter is a senior Wildlife & Fisheries major at A&M and she showed me the app - they use it alot in field study to determine tree/plant/animal species.

Take a picture through the app or select from your photo library and it gives you the top few possible species. I've been messing with it and it's impressive!

Sounds interesting, thanks for the heads up

Comment

I've got one on my iPhone that does this also. It's called PictureThis and it's pretty accurate on plant species. Thanks for another suggestion on your app.

Comment

Yep I have this app (iNaturalist and an app called LeafSnap. very handy when trying to learn plants

Comment

Free or $$?

Comment

There is one called seek also.

It will do plants and bugs

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

How long does it take to work once you have uploaded a pic?

Comment

Its free and it works immediately. Just download and see for yourself

Comment

I use Seek, which is actually by iNaturalist. It’s mind boggling how well it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Creedmore View Post
                    Maybe some already know about this app, but it's pretty cool. Called iNaturalist, and it's free.

My daughter is a senior Wildlife & Fisheries major at A&M and she showed me the app - they use it alot in field study to determine tree/plant/animal species.

Take a picture through the app or select from your photo library and it gives you the top few possible species. I've been messing with it and it's impressive!
                    Thanks for passing this info along.

Comment

Loaded it now, thanks.

Comment

Use it regularly.

Comment

Working...
                        X