No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 weeks, fellas. It’ll happen fast from here.

Comment

Spring food plot is looking good, luckily they haven't wiped out the peas and soybeans yet, they are all about 6-8 inches tall. All the rain has everything else growing well which should keep them off the plot until it's fully established and should help provide good protein through the summer.

Comment

Finally cropped the pics enough to get them loaded.
        Attached Files

Comment

Planted about 6 acres of cow peas before the rain yesterday. Bucks are hammering protein feeders and does look like there ready to pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2021-22 east texas season

One week after planting, cowpeas are up.. was worried we might have got to much rain.
            No I just hope the deer let them mature some before they wipe them out.
            5 plots that are 1-2 acres in size.

Comment

Goodness with the amount of rain we’ve gotten in may we may be good till Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                Goodness with the amount of rain we’ve gotten in may we may be good till Christmas

That ain’t no lie! It came a flood literally minutes after we covered the last plot.

Ground was already soaked when I disced it, I think the seed would have germinated without rain.

Comment

If it doesn't quit raining I'm not going to get anything done. We've only got 19 weeks till go time, so that means 14 to get all my work completed.

Comment

I planted about 25#’s of sun hemp and about 30#’s of assorted beans from wal mart 3 days before all this rain. They should do real well once it stops and we get some sun. Bucks are looking real good. The ones way out front have G4’s bumping on the beam. Others barely a few inches. We should have great ground cover for fawns this year if they don’t drown lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                      I planted about 25#’s of sun hemp and about 30#’s of assorted beans from wal mart 3 days before all this rain. They should do real well once it stops and we get some sun. Bucks are looking real good. The ones way out front have G4’s bumping on the beam. Others barely a few inches. We should have great ground cover for fawns this year if they don’t drown lol.

Lol that grounds so soggy didn’t even make it 50 yards from the gate turned around. I’ll scout when it drys up in a month [emoji1787]

Comment

Lol that grounds so soggy didn’t even make it 50 yards from the gate turned around. I’ll scout when it drys up in a month [emoji1787]

Aint that the truth!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven’t seen a fawn yet in Gregg of Cass/Marion.. they’ve got to be close.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                            I haven’t seen a fawn yet in Gregg of Cass/Marion.. they’ve got to be close.
                            Yeah, should be close in Houston County also. At least for my place. The girls are getting large. Surprised they can jump into the pen. Hahaha

Going this weekend to check other cameras.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Doe.2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	24653021

Click image for larger version

Name:	Doe.3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	24653022

J

Comment

Curious what everyone’s sitting at for the month on rain and county

Comment

9-10” Liberty County

Comment

Working...
                                X