Question on Fishing Reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Fishing Reel

I have a couple 15 plus year old Shimano Stradics that are in great shape minus the drive gear. Apparently, part number RD6496 is a ghost.

So I was thinking, would a 3D printed drive gear work? It would probably hold up about the same as this janky metal they use.

Call dad's ol tackle, he may have parts

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
      I have a couple 15 plus year old Shimano Stradics that are in great shape minus the drive gear. Apparently, part number RD6496 is a ghost.

So I was thinking, would a 3D printed drive gear work? It would probably hold up about the same as this janky metal they use.
      I would think so! Curious on how the teeth of the gear would hold up over time, only one way to find out!

Comment

Are they the old white FH and FG models? If they have sentimental value your best bet is to buy some that regularly show up on eBay for "parts only" for around $20 to salvage the parts from. I wouldn't recommend using a 3D print as the tolerances are pretty tight.

Comment

Call Chris at Serious Tackle in Dickenson. He has a lot of parts for older reels.

Comment

Working...
          X