No announcement yet.

10th Annual Panhandle Hunting Thread - 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ended up with just over 3” from Wednesday through the weekend in Briscoe county.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
      Ended up with just over 3” from Wednesday through the weekend in Briscoe county.
      Good news.

Comment

TTT for the weekend crowd. Y'all seeing a little more rain?

Comment

5.8 inches in 7 days on the Garza Scurry border. Much needed.

Comment

TTT

Lots of green growth at my place in the last 10 days. I need to get out there and mow.

Comment

The tree plantings of wheat we stuck in the ground all came up with the last rain. We just. See another rain or two this month to really shoot it up. Animals are already browsing it off. I can’t wait for a bid on to walk on that 3 acre plot with his head held high.

We did get some bad news yesterday. It is a first for us. We lost a 7 year old buck to a train. Knocked him 50 yards. He wasn’t a trophy but he had kid cull deer written all over him. Coyotes and vultures stripped him in a day.

Comment

Dang. Sorry about that, TT. Best of luck with the wheat!

Comment

Hit by a train sucks! Hopefully you'll have another to fill that slot. Starting to see some rubbed out. I believe antlers will be down some also in Kent county. Rain sure greened things up and all the bucks have quit on the feeders.
                  Does anyone think this guy will go back to normal next year

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it's very possible. One year, 2010 or 2011, I had almost 10 different bucks who were very lopsided with strong left sides and weak right sides. The following year, I saw none of those traits. You just never know.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                      Hit by a train sucks! Hopefully you'll have another to fill that slot. Starting to see some rubbed out. I believe antlers will be down some also in Kent county. Rain sure greened things up and all the bucks have quit on the feeders.
                      Does anyone think this guy will go back to normal next year

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk
                      Trying to guess Texas weather year to year never works. More rain or rain at a better time would definitely help next year.

Comment

How is it looking for everyone? Deer have really, really dried up at the feeders based on camera evidence for me. It has been down from last year considerably all year but movement seems to have become especially slow the last month or so. Maybe some midnight stragglers here last few weeks. Never did see either of the mule deer bucks I glassed on the neighbor’s cotton field but just knowing they are in the general area is enough hope to give me *some* level of excitement! Hoping the fall crops popping up around me and some cooler weather bring some more movement as the season progresses. But, tough hunting still beats no hunting! Wishing everyone a great opening weekend next week!

Comment

After the much needed rain we went from having 7-9 bucks at each feed station to maybe 1 or 2. Lol just in time for season too!

The bucks still look pretty good we've had some get bigger throw kickers and a few drops then some that fell way off.

Comment

In as well. We have a section in Carson county just north of I-40.

We got our feeder up late this year, but have seen a few does in the middle of the night show up on camera. Hoping that by mid-october or so we start to see some daylight activity.

We actually have gotten quite a bit of rain in the last 30-45 days so everything is super green. I have a feeling the deer won't be hitting the feeders hard until all the corn/milo gets cut and things brown up some.

Comment

Heading out for tomorrow's opener this afternoon. Movement will probably be slow but at least season is here! Hoping to read about a few successful hunts here. Good luck and happy hunting to everyone!

Comment

Good luck, y'all! Hunt safe and enjoy all the Good Lord has in store! Looking forward to many success stories!

Comment

Working...
                                X