No announcement yet.

Moving gun safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take the door off and carry it separate. On mine the door is at least a third of the total weight. I’ve read on forums people saying you’re not supposed to. So, maybe consult the owner manual if you go that route.

Comment

Once you get it in the house use golf balls to move it around.

Comment

I have a pair of appliance lifts that lifts and moves up to 1200 pounds, you are welcome to use it
        Attached Files
        Last edited by BigDraw; 11-24-2022, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          I’m no expert but was told to never lay a fire rated safe over. The boards can collapse under their own weight and ruin the safe according to the safe man

Next thing y’all gonna be telling us is there is great ocean front property in Arizona lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jamvo View Post
            Take the door off and carry it separate. On mine the door is at least a third of the total weight. I’ve read on forums people saying you’re not supposed to. So, maybe consult the owner manual if you go that route.

Depending on dope hinge designed this is the ticket!

My wife and I have move my 900# safe 3 times with ease. Now when I moved it upstairs I called in some muscle and used an appliance dolly.

If you done have carpet a piece of carpet laid upside down under the safe will allow you to slide anywhere you want pretty easy

Comment

I moved mine the first time but the second and then final time I hired it out ! 1 uh oh is all it takes

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post
                Call Brant at DFW Safe Delivery. It will save you time and frustration. They can take a safe off the truck, in to the house and mount to the slab in about 20 minutes. Experience and the right equipment pay off big time.

This is the ticket. He’s moved mine 3 times. He likes cash if you know what I mean.

Well worth every penny spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I used to work for a company that manufactures and sells gun safes. We moved several of them laying on their backs in the bed of a truck. My coworker and I loaded my 500lb safe in the back of my truck the same way and unloaded it. Use a couple of furniture dolly’s to get it inside and then lay it over on a thick moving blanket and slide it wherever you want (as long as you have hard floors).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    This is the ticket. He’s moved mine 3 times. He likes cash if you know what I mean.

Well worth every penny spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Absolutely. He's a good dude and will get you taken care of no problem

Comment

I had a TBHer move mine into my house for me. He used to do it as a side business. He and I unloaded it from his truck bed onto a furniture dolly. And rolled it into the house. Once near in place, he tilted it back and I removed the dolly. Then he walked it into position. It was a 72"x48" safe. I was really surprised at how easy it was to move once on the furniture dolly. The dollys can be got at Northern Tool for about $18. It's basically four wood 1"x4" with four casters, one on each corner. They can carry a lot of weight.

Comment

Moved a 440 pound safe in myself and moved to another room once. Furniture dolly worked good but I wouldn’t do it again by myself.

Comment

My old one was about 450#, used a dolly and took it slow. My new safes are 1000#. No way would I move them. Paid someone to move them from Houston area to Kerrville. Money well spent. If something goes wrong, it's their problem, not me and my injury and crying time. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Harp View Post
                            Once you get it in the house use golf balls to move it around.
                            I used golf balls also to fine tune my placement in the house.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                              Appliance dolly, lay it on it's back, all good.
                              This.

Comment

Sounds like a good way to lose a finger. Be safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X