Why do they want to buy a section of my land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do they want to buy a section of my land

Howdy folks, We constantly get these RE agents wanting to buy a 15 ac section of our land. It is rough, inaccessible, hasn't been oil leased in 15 years, borders a dry creek and in a flood plain. They only ever want that section. Why?

I'm guessing they want to get a foot in the door to try to buy the rest of the land. Land has been in the family for 150 years and won't be for sale. Any way to stop them? They all start with "We have a right to do this."

Who is "they"?

Comment

Tell them off before hanging up.

Comment

They buy and resell for profit. Nothing new

Comment

Chinese needing a place to build a spy shop

Comment

Cell tower?

Comment

Last 2 years I have been approached multiple times to purchase a 3 acre lot we have. Once I started telling them how much it would take to make me consider selling the inquiries have been much less frequent. Just tell them you would not consider anything less than $15M for this prime piece of property.

I think they are just doing property searches for empty land in areas they are interested in.

Comment

I would probably go with get their foot in the door. If it’s inaccessible they will have to have an easement and probably would want to start creating headaches to get you to sell even more.

Comment

They probably gave you a price that it probably would have gone for 15 years ago as well.

Comment

I get them all the time was offered $125 an acre for 40 acres in Missouri a few weeks ago. My favorites are the letters in the mail interested in purchasing my unwanted land.

Comment

I would be more intersted in the “right” they claim to have.

Comment

Just give them your insane selling pricing and see what happens. That’s one way to stop it or jackpot.

Comment

If they are zeroed in on the the same 15 acres...sounds like they may something you don't. Is the area known for oil/minerals?

you may want to have some test done. I have no idea how, but maybe contact a geologist/oil guy.

One thing you can say is that it is either leased or under contract. that'll drive'em nuts.

Comment

They want to buy it for $250 an acre. Tell them 100k per acre will get your attention.

Comment

It probably has to do with how the cad has it listed. Small size. No house. Low assessed value. Theyre after cheap land at an even cheaper price.

Comment

Working...
                              X