• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude!

Comment

Cool, congrats!

Comment

Holy smokes! Awesome deer. Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations on my wish list buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Kevin’s deer was 12 and mine was either 9 or 10. Both were deer that have been eluding them for years.
            Im assuming you had to wait for Chance to get there to age them by their teeth??
            Last edited by cehorn; 11-11-2022, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Congrats Chance and Fishndude!!!

Comment

Kevin is a great dude and the ranch you are on is a great place. I hunt on the place / help out next door to Kevin. Him and my Buddy Jonathan from the ranch next door are good friends. Congrats on the Ldp’s. Next time you are down, y’all come next door and we’ll tell some lies around the campfire. And make sure you get the ultimate from Nina’s before you leave.

Comment

Incredible deer! Chocolate and high! Congratulations and good memories!

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words. I am beside myself with this deer. And Jeff seems to be as excited as I am! That sucker is 29” inside!!! Definitely a once-in-a-lifetime deer. Backstory…my boy (Johnny) and I saw this buck cross this same field 5 years ago. He was old back then and on the hit list for some other folks (not what I wanted my 10 year old son to shoot). Probably a 6 or 7 year old buck back then. Kevin said that was the only sighting of him that year. One or two years later Jeff saw him back in the brush from a bow blind. That was the only sighting of him that year. Last year Kevin saw him WAY down a road very late in the season. Again, the only time he was seen. Last week he ran across a road in front of Kevin’s truck. He called and we chatted a bit. He said when we come down this weekend I can try for him, and we both laughed. Odds of seeing him were pretty much zero. Kevin said to hunt this blind on that same field as it is the closest one to where he saw him last week. So that is where he dropped off me and Emma. Within 30 minutes we had about 25 deer out, one of which was a shooter for Emma but was just too far. She was REALLY wanting him to get closer and so was I. This girl is ready to shoot! Just as “her buck” started working his way toward us, ALL of the deer jerked their heads up and looked to the left. Then ran like they were on fire! The culprit…a big ol Turkey Tom! Emma was a little disappointed but I told her that buck would probably be back. Well after a while deer started filtering back, but hers was a no show. Then “daddy’s buck” came strolling out! Holy crap! I have not been that nervous in a long time. He was 208 yards and after a very frustrating cat and mouse game with other deer in the way, my old 30-06 made for a 30 yard recovery. Whew! I’m thinking he was at least 11 years old but will try to confirm with Kevin tomorrow. Going to bed now.

Comment

Holy smokes!!!! That is a wide buck!!! Congrats!!!!

Comment

We are all in and set. Emma is up to the plate and hoping to score.

Slow so far here and for Chance/Emma.

Comment

Best of luck Emma

Comment

Good luck and awesome hunt so far

Comment

Target buck for me today. He’s a big 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck. You’ll need a forklift to load that thing if you get him.

Comment

Working...
                                X