Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
    You’d think half the guys here are saints! Hehe
    In my experience. People who claim to be saints are the most unsaintly people I've ever met. If you are a saint no need to advertise it. People will recognize it on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      If they make a law you have to turn in all your guns you gonna follow that law? Corrupt lawmakers, incompetent people running any system, can make laws and rules that are made to oppress or manipulate.
      Still, he screwed up by the rules. Just like speeding and getting a ticket.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
      No- I’m going to stand and fight! As a matter of fact I’ve been fighting that battle for quite some time! This has all been taken out of context from the Original post!

This has been a great thread in bringing to our attention that we need to do our due diligence in reading and understanding Regs. If we don’t like the regs that are Already in place then we need to move on or face the consequences.

Or Fight to get them changed

Comment

I think the spirit of the regulations were to protect native game. It clearly needs to be revised as the state / feds have no incentive to protect exotic species. What would happen if you killed a python?? by the letter of the law you will get a ticket....its obsolete to say the least.

Comment

I will say this......
          Them Federal Game Wardens are going to eat good this winter...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
            No- I’m going to stand and fight! As a matter of fact I’ve been fighting that battle for quite some time! This has all been taken out of context from the Original post!

This has been a great thread in bringing to our attention that we need to do our due diligence in reading and understanding Regs. If we don’t like the regs that are Already in place then we need to move on or face the consequences.

Or Fight to get them changed
            We’ll said.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              If they make a law you have to turn in all your guns you gonna follow that law? Corrupt lawmakers, incompetent people running any system, can make laws and rules that are made to oppress or manipulate.
              Still, he screwed up by the rules. Just like speeding and getting a ticket.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
              Speeding is breaking a law = ticket.

Did this guy break a rule or a law?

Can a person kill insects there? Are they listed?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                It’s not what we did in the past but what we do from here on out! From that you can probably read between the lines and figure out that I’m No Saint- I can only speak for myself. There are laws/ regs in hunting, either we follow them and do the right things or we don’t and do the wrong things. It’s a very easy concept.
                The ticketed hunter apparently didn't know killing the stag was against the rule/law. Was he "wrong" in killing the stag even though in doing so eliminated a non-naitive/exotic species and advanced TPWD's stated objectives and mission?

I had the privilege of working many years for a legendary district attorney. He would tell us to seek justice by tenaciously prosecuting people for breaking the law unless doing so would lead to a dam* fool result.

A dam* fool result is what we have here.

Comment

Why is this so difficult? SHNF does not list red stag as Legal Game. If you don't agree, fine....Get a petition together and march up to Austin or wherever they make the rules for this area and get the regs changed, but don't say "well he/I didn't know" or "the intent of the law, blah blah blah" that's BS, its pretty back and white what can be hunted there.

My kid was lucky and got drawn for the anterless hunt at Chaparral this year. Should I let him shoot a nice buck if 1 walks out? ***** and moan if he/I get and ticket and the deer taken. I'm mean ****, its deer season aint it? What gives these folks the right to tell me what I can and can't do? I'm a taxpayer....

Comment

Originally posted by JD4020 View Post
                    Why is this so difficult? SHNF does not list red stag as Legal Game.
                    A red stag is not game. It is classified as livestock. Is there a law that says you can’t shoot livestock in a national forest?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      A red stag is not game. It is classified as livestock. Is there a law that says you can’t shoot livestock in a national forest?
                      you answered your own question. it is not on the list of legal game to shoot, because its livestock.

"if a species is not listed on the legal game list, there is no hunting allowed for that species on the unit."

Comment

Are feral hogs, game animals, because they ARE listed as "Legal Game" for SHNF?

The livestock comment was brought up earlier, and I asked if the sheriff should have been the 1 issuing the ticket and taking the animal instead of the GW but nobody responded. I'll admit I didn't read every word of the public land booklet, but I don't recall it allowing the shooting of livestock. What about pets? If it doesn't specifically say you can't shoot pets, can you start mowing down dogs and cats out there?

I'm new to the forum, so maybe you and others are just stirring the pot, but this seems pretty straight forward to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post

"if a species is not listed on the legal game list, there is no hunting allowed for that species on the unit."
                          If it’s not game why would it be on a legal game list?

Comment

holy moly.

again, feral hogs are on the list of legal game available. why? who knows, i didnt make the list of legal game available. but i know that stag are not on the list of legal game available.

Comment

I’m going to play devils advocate here. So if it’s not listed as legal game but is classified as livestock how is TP&W authorized to seize the animal if it’s not under their jurisdiction? Ok so the write him a ticked for shooting something not on the list but they are claiming ownership of an animal they don’t reside over ? Is that not correct?

I know the hunter just wished this would go away but if his pockets could stand it he could get a lawyer and very possibly get that stag back at the least. It’s not worth the fight through.

Comment

Can we agree it's a species? If so...

"If a species or season is not listed in the Legal Game Legend, there is no hunting allowed for that species or by that particular
                                means on the unit."

Says it right there in the book

Comment

Working...
                                X