Enchilada Sauce / Cheese and Onion Enchiladas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enchilada Sauce / Cheese and Onion Enchiladas

I`ve been using this Enchilada Sauce for the past couple of years on my Enchiladas and really like it. Much better than anything you can get in a can or using chili con carne (Wolf Brand).
    Bake @ 400 for 30ish minutes and let sit for about 10 minutes. Homemade chips and guacamole. Gonna sit on the patio and enjoy our first Fall fire while having an adult beverage while it cooks.
    ENJOY!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiTyikVl7ww"]CHEESE ENCHILADAS / BEST HOMEADE SAUCE - YouTube[/ame]

Looks tasty, Im coming over. Subscribed to Rachel's channel.

Comment

It’s an extra step and unhealthy but fry those tortillas up in some oil real quick to soften um up adds good flavor

Comment

Color on that sauce looks nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
          It’s an extra step and unhealthy but fry those tortillas up in some oil real quick to soften um up adds good flavor
          It is a pain in the *** to do that. I have to do it when I make Taquitos but get away with microwaving them for enchiladas.

Comment

Those look great tpack. I always stop and drool over whatever you have cooked up.
            I will be trying this sauce recipe in the near future next time I do enchiladas.

I hate trying to fry my tortillas and burn myself; more so if I’ve already had a couple of drinks.

I spray mine with some Pam or other spray oil and heat them in the oven for 6-7 minutes at 350.

Comment

Planning to give this sauce a try on my next enchiladas.

I always “dip-fry” my tortillas before rolling the enchiladas. Unlike water, it helps the tortillas retain moisture and keep from tearing.

By “dip-fry,” I mean heating up a shallow skillet full of oil or lard, dipping the tortilla in the hot oil on one side then, almost immediately, turning them to “fry” the other side for a few seconds or so, so ch that they are limp and pliable after their dip in the grease.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

In for later...looks good!

Comment

The enchilada sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                      It is a pain in the *** to do that. I have to do it when I make Taquitos but get away with microwaving them for enchiladas.
                      HEB makes a half corn, half flour, flexible tortilla.

Comment

Working...
                      X