No announcement yet.

Let's Get LIVE 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the live hunts I've been waiting on! Good luck this morning Steve!

Comment

Nothing like a good live hunt to start the week off with

Comment

Sorry about the delay. I dropped signal... Deer 4 Red 0. I'm not a blame guy but I'm about to be in those scenario. As I was drawing my bow I felt it bump the top of the blind. Not thinking about the draw compressing the limbs and making the ATA shorter I got settled and took my shot. My bow banged off of the top of the blind and ai could throw and arrow faster than it left my bow. This whole thing is a pretty humbling experience.

Things I have learned on this hunt. Me being 6'5" shooting a 60" bow; I can NOT shoot out of our blinds. They're awesome for a compound but not my stick bow. Also, I'm done hunting the way everyone else does because it just puts me in a bad mood and that's now what I'm hunting for. I'm about to pull my camo off and put my boots on and make some tracks and get back to my roots. I've been a hang and bang guy from day 1 but feeder guarding in the Panhandle has made me lazy. I'm about to locate me some feed trees and pinch points and I will be back with my climber!

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
          I'm about to locate me some feed trees and pinch points and I will be back with my climber!
          I stomped around in the ANF Saturday morning doing just that. First spot ruined by limb rat hunters so I called an audible and went over to a spot off Parker Point road. Got there and it had been thinned out pretty good but I found a drainage line, picked a tree, walked back to the truck to get my climber, climbed the tree, sat down to see if I liked the view and my fat *** caused the straps on the seat to give way. Talk about humbling...

Comment

Sorry about the delay. I dropped signal... Deer 4 Red 0. I'm not a blame guy but I'm about to be in those scenario. As I was drawing my bow I felt it bump the top of the blind. Not thinking about the draw compressing the limbs and making the ATA shorter I got settled and took my shot. My bow banged off of the top of the blind and ai could throw and arrow faster than it left my bow. This whole thing is a pretty humbling experience.

Things I have learned on this hunt. Me being 6'5" shooting a 60" bow; I can NOT shoot out of our blinds. They're awesome for a compound but not my stick bow. Also, I'm done hunting the way everyone else does because it just puts me in a bad mood and that's now what I'm hunting for. I'm about to pull my camo off and put my boots on and make some tracks and get back to my roots. I've been a hang and bang guy from day 1 but feeder guarding in the Panhandle has made me lazy. I'm about to locate me some feed trees and pinch points and I will be back with my climber!
            That sounds like a solid plan! Are you planning on sticking with trad gear for the entire season? I'd like to take that plunge, but just haven't yet. Good luck man!

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
              That sounds like a solid plan! Are you planning on sticking with trad gear for the entire season? I'd like to take that plunge, but just haven't yet. Good luck man!
              I would like to say yes but I'm not going to commit to anything. I really joy shooting it and hunting with it but it's definitely a challenge. I do have a couple of invites on the books this year and I probably won't take it to someone else's place. I'm finding out more every day that punching paper and punching lungs are two way different deals. We really don't have any bucks this year that just have me over the hills excited so I'll stick with the trad gear as long as I can. I will have my compound next trip just incase wind dictates I hunt one of the blinds we have.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ish happens when you stomp around in a briar thicket but the goods can be found on the other side! Really looking forward to my next trip up here with a climber on my back!

Comment

One more sit. I'm headed to the river, not sure what signal is like there.

Comment

Since you up there in Fort Worth now, I'd hate for your ANF spots to sit idly by. Send me the coordinates and I'll make sure they are taken care of.

Good luck this evening!

Comment

We have blood!

Comment

I'm in, signal is pretty spotty. This spot is beautiful. Had a group
                          Of big Tom's (see y'all in the spring!) roll through just as I was getting my harness hooked up. Managed to get a pic of 1 if I can get it to load. River swings in tight to about 50 yards and this is straight bottom country loaded with hardwoods. Between the river and the pasture is probably 200 yards wide and several miles long. A road T's right here and very well used game trail makes it a 4 way. No feeder, no corn, just hardwoods and a big scrape that needs to get worked this evening. I feel like I'm back home on the Neches River bottom! I'll be spending more time down here!

Comment

I'm in, signal is pretty spotty. This spot is beautiful. Had a group
                            Of big Tom's (see y'all in the spring!) roll through just as I was getting my harness hooked up. Managed to get a pic of 1 if I can get it to load. River swings in tight to about 50 yards and this is straight bottom country loaded with hardwoods. Between the river and the pasture is probably 200 yards wide and several miles long. A road T's right here and very well used game trail makes it a 4 way. No feeder, no corn, just hardwoods and a big scrape that needs to get worked this evening. I feel like I'm back home on the Neches River bottom! I'll be spending more time down here!
                            Easterns or Rios?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                              Easterns or Rios?

Easterns

Squirrel is cutting up hard to the north. It's a beautiful evening!!!! The more of this property I see the more I like!

Comment

Black and white boar hog feeding at 40

Comment

Working...
                                X