No announcement yet.

Who else is ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am ready for 4-5 days at the lease. Yes it’s warmer than I would like but a warm day hunting is much better than a cool day in the office! Besides I have 2 bucks coming that will go mid 140’s which is about as big as they get at our place. Hunting, camp fires, good food. Yes I am looking forward to this weekend

Comment

Good friend of mine decided to get married in Vegas this weekend, so I have to miss opening weekend. Sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm starting to feel it. It will be like every other opener.....hot. I haven't seen a single thing to get me excited yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shough View Post
          I am ready for 4-5 days at the lease. Yes it’s warmer than I would like but a warm day hunting is much better than a cool day in the office! Besides I have 2 bucks coming that will go mid 140’s which is about as big as they get at our place. Hunting, camp fires, good food. Yes I am looking forward to this weekend
          Like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
            Some of my best hill country hunts were in drought years. The deer were standing on the feed pen fence just waiting for that ***** to spin! Don’t write it off just yet! Longhorns? Who knows

No doubt… but the almost 5 inches of rain in August has the place greened up and loaded with forbs. Haven’t seen the acorns yet. Feeder activity is already slowing.

And… if the deer do eventually show back up in droves. Their horns won’t be there after the drought for almost 100% of the growing season this year. We’ll make lemonade from
            lemons somehow though. [emoji41]. So far it’s a big [emoji1304] on my Coverts

Comment

I won't be able to make it out to the lease until mid October. I may hit the national forest for a day or 2 if I'm not chasing the flounder before they close the season.

Comment

Working...
              X