No announcement yet.

How long do you set your timer for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends if it's before or after daylight savings time.

Comment

When I feed deer. I try to bring the feeder to the deer not the deer to the feeder. Ya eventually they'll find it, But I have found this makes it easier with faster results.

Comment

Once a day, 1 second. Should last me till thanksgiving w/o filling em up again

Comment

For us during the offseason twice a day for about 5 or 6 seconds during season twice a day for 10 to 12 seconds. When you get 10 to 15 deer and some pigs eating it doesn't last long.

Comment

One time in the morning for six seconds

Comment

8 a.m.-------5 seconds
              6:30 p.m.....5 seconds

I feed early right now so the pigs won`t get it. If they come out in daylight I will put lead or an arrow in them. Killed a couple already and they started coming in after dark for now, which is what I was trying to achieve. Killing a few @ the feeder before the season has made them nocturnal the past few years. I only saw 1 pig/boar last year and he died.

Comment

A little longer than you
                Attached Files

Comment

8 AM - 10 Seconds
                  5 PM - 10 Seconds
                  which falls back to 7 AM and 4 PM
                  I have 300# feeders and they feed for a full month with these settings before going empty

Comment

No help on the timer....but if you need my cows to mow that grass down to a manageable level let me know!

Comment

To the OP, who is the maker/manufacturer of your feeder, and where did you purchase it?

Comment

Funny story....many, MANY years ago when we were still using analog timers, I was sitting in my blind waiting for daylight when the feeder timer went off and hung up on one of the pins and continued to throw corn. I climbed down and finally got a battery wire unhooked. Rough way to start a morning hunt.

Comment

I hunted with an outfitter in North Dakota one year. He would dump big piles of feed just like that at the hunting spots. We told him that wouldn't work in Texas with the hogs!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
                            To the OP, who is the maker/manufacturer of your feeder, and where did you purchase it?
                            My buddy and I built the feeders (3 so far). Timers are Wildgame Innovations (electronic).

At time of year, we don’t have time to build any more of them.

Comment

In regards to the 2nd pic, there is a white LED light mounted right in front of the buck on the left. The lights don’t bother our deer at all!

Of course, with a corn buffet like that I doubt much would bother them!

Comment

2x a day 8 seconds each feed. Throwing just at 1 1/2 lbs of feed at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X