Which Nilgai NWR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Nilgai NWR?

Keep it short. I have a decent amount of points and feel this may be the year going off what others seem to draw with. My brother is in my group and would fly down from Alaska.
    Which unit would you suggest as the most enjoyable/best odds of harvest for rifle?

How many rifle points do you have for refuge hunts?

Comment

lanwr archery is always your best bet

Comment

Which Nilgai NWR?

Laguna, but its a hard hunt.
        If its November

Gatorade is your best friend.

South Texas heat will kick your *** and you will find out you walked / stalked way further than you thought.

Its gorgeous and a truly beautiful place. So much great wildlife….awesome snakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snapperhead94 View Post
          The maximum number of loyalty points for that category would be 6. 7 if you apply this year.

Comment

X2 on Laguna.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapperhead94 View Post
              We will have 5 average for group. 6 as individual.

Comment

And thanks. I am only going to apply for 2 areas. Don’t want to waste all these years.

Comment

Thanks
                  Will apply!

Comment

Good Luck on drawing! I put in for it but my group only has 2 LP's as I drew a different NWR on Rifle last year! It did pan out for me though so no regrets.

I will continue to enter for Rifle at Laguna every year. That would be an awesome place with a rifle. I've hunted it twice with archery and saw animals every time but it is hard to get in range of them out there.
                    Last edited by Yakinthebox; 07-10-2022, 09:29 PM.

Comment

I don't believe in the point system for Lanwr. I have been putting in for over twenty years and have never been selected for the rifle hunts and there are other hunters that put in for it only once and get picked. But good luck to all that get selected.

Sent from my SM-S901U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                        I don't believe in the point system for Lanwr. I have been putting in for over twenty years and have never been selected for the rifle hunts and there are other hunters that put in for it only once and get picked. But good luck to all that get selected.

I think the points only started when TPWD took over the drawing system. So at best you'll have 6pts (7 counting this season)

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
                          I think the points only started when TPWD took over the drawing system. So at best you'll have 6pts (7 counting this season)
                          When TPWD took over I thought that too but I have seen others that put in for it for the first time since TPWD took over and they get it and I have points and still no draw. That is why I put in for the archery hunts. At least this way I get to go. I have been hunting this place for over twenty years. If I had a rifle I could clean up out there. There have been so many times that I have animals out of bow range that would have been a chip shot with a rifle but oh well. My time will come. I will be ready. I live five minutes from this place. You bet I will not pass it up when I get selected even if I am an old man. [emoji16][emoji16]

Comment

I am one of those who got drawn for rifle. Luck of the draw I guess. Your time will come. I've been a few times archery and each time is a learning experience.

I put in for all the Nilgai hunts. Nilgai & Sambar are on my bucket list.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                              When TPWD took over I thought that too but I have seen others that put in for it for the first time since TPWD took over and they get it and I have points and still no draw. That is why I put in for the archery hunts. At least this way I get to go. I have been hunting this place for over twenty years. If I had a rifle I could clean up out there. There have been so many times that I have animals out of bow range that would have been a chip shot with a rifle but oh well. My time will come. I will be ready. I live five minutes from this place. You bet I will not pass it up when I get selected even if I am an old man. [emoji16][emoji16]

Right on! Agree! If I lived that close I'd do the same. For me it's a 5+ hour drive.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X