Carnivore Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp, day 6 and I feel great.

If you try to meal prep, this is meal preppers dream. Plus, this is VERY inexpensive..

Breakfast-eggs/bacon
    Lunch-Ribeye
    Preworkout meal-ground beef/venison
    Supper-chicken thighs

For the main concern- digestive discomfort. None.

No diarrhea, no constipation. Frequency has gone down by half. Only go once every other day and I don't feel at all like I'm holding food in my gut or bloated or constipated at all.

Down 4 pounds so far. Gonna roast up some brussels sprouts tonight and might have a few strawberries. But other than that, this is easy peasy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Gonna have to come back later and read this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post

If you try to meal prep, this is meal preppers dream. Plus, this is VERY inexpensive..

Breakfast-eggs/bacon
        Lunch-Ribeye
        Supper-chicken thighs

No diarrhea, no constipation. Frequency has gone down by half. Only go once every other day and I don't feel at all like I'm holding food in my gut or bloated or constipated at all.

Down 4 pounds so far. Gonna roast up some brussels sprouts tonight and might have a few strawberries. But other than that, this is easy peasy.

It's been the same for me on keto. Much less indigestion than before. Never feel bloated anymore, like what happens on a bunch of carbs.

It's similar to when I used to have bird dogs. When I fed them cheap dog food, they'd crap a ton. When I fed them expensive nutrient dense food that wasn't mostly corn and grains, they digested and used most of the food, so there wasn't much left to pile up in the yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post

It's been the same for me on keto. Much less indigestion than before. Never feel bloated anymore, like what happens on a bunch of carbs.

It's similar to when I used to have bird dogs. When I fed them cheap dog food, they'd crap a ton. When I fed them expensive nutrient dense food that wasn't mostly corn and grains, they digested and used most of the food, so there wasn't much left to pile up in the yard.
          Ahh... the lovely life of zero indigestion.. I had it bad before I went keto. Its had gotten less and less to now it's nothing. I'm confident I can eat anything spicy i want right now and not have any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post

Yup, humans have a difficult time digesting most plant matter other than starches, that does NOT mean they are bad for you just that we dont digest cellulose since we aren't ruminants.

Going low carb/paleo was like flipping a switch for acid reflux for me. It went away pretty much immediately.

Comment

I eat probably 98% animal based products now. Mostly wild game other than eggs and pork rinds and ribeyes here and there. I eat whatever fish I catch. Other than the occasional vegetables (rarely) it has changed my life. No more inflammation! I dont hurt all over anymore. No more indigestion. I sleep way better than I have in a long time. Have more energy. Have lost weight. Added muscle. Improved my mood. I feel lighter on my feet. My blood pressure is insanely better. If I eat carbs (Like a chicken fried steak or beer) I feel like crud the next day. Knees and back hurt again. Arthritis in surgery location hurts again. My gas is so bad I can nock a buzzard off a limb. I feel weighed down and tired just like before.

That's just my personal experience. Take it for what it's worth! It's probably not something I will stay on forever. Just due to convenience. But "lower" carb will forever be a part of my life.

Comment

Had a small cheat night tonight. Been straight meat and water for 6 days.

Tonight had some actually really, really good makeshift keto ramen noodles. Just heated up the noodles (pictured) and added the spice (pictured).. and viola.. was actually really tasty.

Also heated up some breakfast sausage and topped it with single ingredient peanut butter (pictured) and sugar free syrup. Ended it with a CaraCara orange. SO MUCH FLAVOR AND SWEETNESS!!

Back on meat tomorrow!

Comment

Nice. Dont forget the organ meats. Wont borher you yet, especially since you're having one "cheat day", but it'll catch yeah. Love a good liver n eggs with homemade tabasco sauce.

Comment

I’m having a hard time developing a taste for liver, but then again, I don’t need to eat it anyway as I get micronutrients a steak only diet is lacking from greens. If you stall out on keto, you’re eating too much or you’re not really in nutritional ketosis.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

so far... so good! I did my first Sous Vide ribeyes on Saturday... My family told me they were the best steaks they'd every eaten anywhere!! And I think I'd have to say they were right up there with some of the best I've had too... Started with prime cuts tho... I'm sorry to say, I forgot pix... But I can tell you, I could get very used to this diet!!

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post

Breakfast-eggs/bacon
                          Lunch-Ribeye
                          Supper-chicken thighs

Can you elaborate on quantities you are eating? I ask because for the amount I needed to eat, our grocery bill would go up about 35%, and it part of the reason I have no desire to go full carnivore.

Comment

Sure!

Breakfast is usually 3-4 pieces of bacon or sausage with 5 eggs cooked in the hot grease.

Lunch is usually either a 10oz steak (tbone or ribeye) or 1 lb of ground.

Supper is a pound of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.

It's cheap FOR ME because-
                            *we have chickens, means we dont have to buy eggs

*I was lucky enough to harvest 3 deer this year, meaning I have ground for days.

*boneless, skinless chicken breast is ridiculously cheap. I bought 3.5 pounds at walmart for 8 bucks and some change.

*my inlaws gift us a 1/4 cow every year for Christmas. God Bless them..

So, I'm only having to actually purchase the chicken thighs and bacon/sausage, as I have everything else already. Total cost for me if I stick to above runs me about $70 a month.

Comment

Something else you can do to help with the expense of buying the meat, is to cook the meat Sous Vide... If you do that, you can buy lesser quality cuts of meat and leave them in the Sous Vide for a longer time to cook and it will tenderize the meat and actually improve the flavor... You can actually take top round and sous vide it to the point, it's almost like eating a fillet...

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                Can you elaborate on quantities you are eating? I ask because for the amount I needed to eat, our grocery bill would go up about 35%, and it part of the reason I have no desire to go full carnivore.

I imagine there are plenty of places to cut out of your current bill to lower that 35%. Otherwise you are saying everything you buy now is a “necessity”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X