Hunting Cargo Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Cargo Trailer

We make a 6hr trip to the farm about once a month. I got tired of constantly guessing about rain, trying to keep the dogs from either overheating or freezing and not being to secure things such that we could stop without leaving a guard to watch our stuff.

Started with a new 7x16 Cargo Trailer pretty bare bones.

Things added include:
    - 13,500 BTU roof top air conditioner
    - LED lights down both sides of the interior
    - LED strip down the door side exterior
    - RV deep cycle battery
    - roof top solar panel and charge controller
    - cabinet for tools etc
    - wheel tie downs for Ranger

I put all that together and we mage several trips to shake out any changes, other than moving the Ranger tie down forward everything worked great.

With shake down complete I took everything out and we applied 3 coats of exterior paint to the walls and a 2 part epoxy garage floor paint to the floor and re-assembled. This will make it much easier to keep clean.

Also added tie downs so I could stack our 3 scent lock clothes boxes in front and tie down rails down both side so we could, well,tie stuff down.

Project complete until we come up with a logo of some sort for the sides.

Now everything is protected from the weather, locked up and AC will keep dogs from cooking in back of the truck on the summer time trips.
    Last edited by bboswell; 02-16-2020, 11:25 AM.

Saweeeeeeet! Really nice idea!

Comment

How are you powering that ac?

Comment

Bad.....***!

My buddy and I are looking at a 6x12 or so just for road trips, vacations, and convenience.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
          How are you powering that ac?

If you zoom to top right of scent lock boxes there is a breaker panel & 4 gang electric plug, that wired to an RV receptacle on the nose of the trailer. Generator plugs in there and sits it back of truck when driving or on ground if stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Bad.....***!

My buddy and I are looking at a 6x12 or so just for road trips, vacations, and convenience.
            I'm planning on doing the same thing with a 14 or 16.

Good job on this one!

Comment

Don't put a banner on it..someone will steal it
              A lojak would be good

Comment

Nice job sir! That's what I'd prob do if I had a place to keep a trailer. I like that floor paint too.

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                  Don't put a banner on it..someone will steal it
                  A lojak would be good

Anyone that comes anywhere this trailer is stored has much bigger problems than Lojak [emoji6]

Comment

I think I’d insulate that ceiling with 3/4” or 1” foam insulation sheets with radiant barrier, and maybe some cheap luan or trailer park paneling screwed over it to hold it up.

Obviously you have plenty of AC for your space, but that aluminum roof is gonna conduct a lot of heat. And I bet your boys use it for a camper somewhere, at some point in the future.

Either way it’s a really cool, versatile, set up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I think I’d insulate that ceiling with 3/4” or 1” foam insulation sheets with radiant barrier, and maybe some cheap luan or trailer park paneling screwed over it to hold it up.

Obviously you have plenty of AC for your space, but that aluminum roof is gonna conduct a lot of heat. And I bet your boys use it for a camper somewhere, at some point in the future.

Either way it’s a really cool, versatile, set up!

Insulation is on the list and yes, my youngest is into motocross and plans to use it as a camper at out of town tracks.

Comment

Sweet!!! Looks good amigo !

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          Insulation is on the list and yes, my youngest is into motocross and plans to use it as a camper at out of town tracks.

I figured you had a plan.

Comment

What 2 part epoxy did you use on the floor? That looks good

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                              X