Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

???

Originally posted by TxArcheo View Post
    Cool thread....fun reading other people’s sightings.

I grew up in a small town south of Lubbock. At the time of my sighting (mid 80s) I was approximately 12 yrs old and my 10 year old cousin was with me one evening in sept/oct. it was already dark out and we were walking down a residential street to my house, it was a clear night & the street lights were lit. As we were walking down the street chatting, something in the sky caught my attention....saw something out of the corner of my eye above us. I stopped for a brief moment and looked up and at ca. 200 ft above us I saw the leading edge, tip of a large gray triangular object floating/very slowly gliding across the sky in complete silence. The object was large, my initial thoughts were that it was a hand glider because of its shape and the complete silence with which it moved across the sky....but a hand glider at night made no sense then and it doesn’t now, plus the object we saw was as big as a house. we quickly realized that this was weird so we took off running down the street to my house.

To this day i still wonder what we saw, intelligent extraterrestrial life? Maybe. But my home town is relatively close to Cannon AFB so as I got older I just assumed it was some type of top secret military tech. I also wonder if anyone else across the Southern Plains saw something similar in the mid 80s. I will also say that it was unnerving having something that large float/glide above you in complete silence.....it was creepy.
    Maybe a prototype Stealth aircraft? Cool story!

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
      Could be testing for solar sails. Timeline checks out
      Solar sails are interesting, never considered these as an option so thanks for mentioning them. I didn’t see the object’s cross-section because it was mostly directly over us so I can’t say whether or not is was flat like the solar sails or if it was an object with significant mass. I can say that the object was not reflective (I assume all solar sails are reflective?), it had a dull/matte gray appearance. Also, this was in town so there were home & street lights all around & it was flying/gliding at relatively low elevation; I clearly do not recall seeing any light reflecting off of the object & the object was not lit.

Kch73 - that’s what I’ve thought all along too....some type of stealth technology, maybe early drone tech?
      But, what do I know....

Kinda of a cool experience/story for me but all of our friends and family roll their eyes whenever we tell our UFO story.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
        I was never a believer until one morning about 30 years ago while I was sitting in a box blind waiting for daylight. I started seeing odd lights on the horizon. They were unlike any lights I had seen before. They would sit still for several minutes and then shoot off in different directions. After watching for several minutes, I tried to look at them with my binos, but every time I would get the lights in my view, they would disappear, only to come back when I put the binos down. Just at daylight, the lights began to come towards me. All of a sudden, the lights surrounded the stand. Im not sure what I saw was an alien, because the light were so bright that I could not see real well. But something stepped in front of the lights and said it would give me a cookie if I showed them my butt hole.
        So, they were from Uranus?

Comment

I have seen things in the sky I have zero explanation for.

Comment

Working...
          X