Longbow tip protector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longbow tip protector

Do any of y’all use tip protectors? I had one on my recurve but it seemed to trap moisture (it was rubber like). But I noticed the lower tip on my longbow is taking some abuse. It stays strung 99% of the time so I was thinking maybe a leather one. I think I even have a pattern for a homemade one somewhere. Just curious.

I don't use them. That's the worst place to have extra weight on a bow limb. At the very least it will rob you a few feet per second. All that said, it might still be worth using them. I just can't get over the mental hurdle.

Comment

I have a rubber one on a couple of bows and a homemade leather one on another. I like being able to rest the bow on the bottom tip at 3D shoots or while hunting without worrying about banging it up. The only thing I don’t like is having to take it off when I adjust brace height

Comment

You can use a finger off a leather glove that is not being used anymore. The little finger works from mine usually. Just need to put a slit in it for the string to pass through.

Comment

I use cheap leather ones from 3 rivers on both ends. My bow takes a lot of abuse and I think they help. Would be interesting to chronological with and without. Might change my perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            I have a rubber one on a couple of bows and a homemade leather one on another. I like being able to rest the bow on the bottom tip at 3D shoots or while hunting without worrying about banging it up. The only thing I don’t like is having to take it off when I adjust brace height
            My first trad group shoot at Double G... I asked Wayne what that thing was on the end of his bow...and Mr Law piped up and stated...”Its a bowphylactic”.

Duckn...its okay to reuse it (...the joke and the phylactic)

Comment

I use the rubber tip protectors from Black Widow. They fit good and I've never had any moisture problems.

They prevent your string from coming off in a bow sock and messing up your brace height.

The rubber tip protector prevents your bow from sliding when stood up on a slick surface.

Oh yea, the keep your bottom bow tip from getting scratched up.

I can't see any reason not the use a tip protector it's insurance for under $5. Next time I go to the bow shop I will shoot the chrono with and without the tip protector.

Comment

Go to dollar store and buy a 3 pack of baby bottle nipples, trim to fit works great and inexpensive

Comment

Working...
                X