GRXH '19, Mello Yello...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRXH '19, Mello Yello...

Maybe things just naturally settle down as they mature, I mean GRXH is 21 years old this year, old enough to drink! Maybe, you just need a time to rest before firing up the forge again; I guess we'll find out next year.

I didn't take a camera, so no pictures from me, but we did have some legitimate photographers in camp this year. The pixels should be good.

I do have a video camera that is full, I gave to to my son to shoot video; once it is charged up I will see if there is anything I am able to post.

As the title suggests, this year was mellow by comparison; but that doesn't mean we didn't have fun and pull proper shenanigans.

Two small pigs is all we managed, but with Chief and his fish, the jug lines and the wild onions, we ate pretty well.

Stay tuned, lots more to come.

GRXH 19 top 10:
    1) Hammocks rule, tents drool
    2) Never hang your bow on the Tee Top, they end up in the river
    3) There is a right way and a wrong way to put a chain on a chainsaw
    4) Sneaky is a chef, not a cook
    5) Granger eats boats, 4 more this weekend
    6) If you wait long enough, you will get a shot at a hog while in camp
    7) $500 transducer lasts exactly two trips
    8) Always bring extra fuel (and oil)
    9) NavyChief is the Granger Fish King
    10) Cajuns make for happy bellies (thanks Corey and Flex for saving us from Sneaky!)

7hanks everyone who came out, as always, I loved every minute and I can't wait to do it again next year!

thanks for all you do Rat, it was a great time this year

The Mighty Rat

Comment

Dang that pic looks familiar... lol

Let's see if I can just copy and paste from the other thread

The Mighty Rat

Anakin, BeeKeeper, Flex, and a TBHer I can't remember his screenname..

Dinner Time!

What happens at GRXH goes straight to the internet

Comment

It was a great time once again! The fisherman saved the hunters for a 2nd time out of the last 3 years. We hunted hard, just couldn't get it done with the exception of a small hog and a couple piglets. The wild onions were nice and abundant and the soups and gumbo's were great! Nowhere near the leanest year I've seen out there.

I'll see ya'll next year! Except for the ones of you I see all the time!

Bottom pic is the annual takeover of the Taylor Whataburger. It occurs on the same Sunday of every year!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Birddog66; 02-25-2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Lessons learned-

1. SHOOT EM IN THE LIPS. I missed a shot at 10 yards on a runner, shot felt great, mechanics were perfect, elevations was perfect... just hit right behind the pig.
          2. All my trad bros need to step up and shoot in camp too! The Black Hammer was the only other trad guy not afraid to shoot in camp!
          3. I need to re-serve my bow string, my arrows kept popping off the nocking point. Melting the knock a little with a lighter and squeezing it tighter works....sorta.
          4. Bring a shovel out there and level off the little hill that's now my official camp spot.
          5. You won't take pics if your camera is in your pack. Keep it out, the nastier the weather the better!
          6. The original crappy weather forecast kept all the freeloading Hillary lovers at home, just about everyone hunted and pitched in in some way this time! Real men and women aren't afraid to get moist for the hog!
          7. Down sleeping bags rock.
          8. An after dark boat ride from B-Ho is a terrifying experience
          9. Mongo the BeeKeeper has amazing honey.
          10. Go with your first instinct when picking a spot. 3 hogs busted within 10 yards of my original setup on the last night....

Comment

We did some work! Thanks for the iron on iron sharping its great to be on the water and the land doing what me do!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
              Dang that pic looks familiar... lol

Let's see if I can just copy and paste from the other thread

The Mighty Rat

Anakin, BeeKeeper, Flex, and a TBHer I can't remember his screenname..

Dinner Time!

What happens at GRXH goes straight to the internet

Im here! GBear or cajunginger or Corey lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

1. Take more pictures.
                2. Don't forget your battery bank so you can charge your phone and take more pictures.
                3. If you put in the miles you will see pigs.
                4. Whataburger riding in, Whataburger riding out.
                5. Don't mix moonshine and hog juice.
                6. My ripcord rest sucks, going back to QAD.
                7. Don't shoot a dead pig just to say you shot something. Your quiver smells like death all weekend.
                8. Hydrate.
                9. Hydrate.
                10. Hydrate.

Comment

I don't have many, but this is what I have

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Love the pics!!!!!

Comment

Comment

The biggest factor I don’t see in any pictures that would cause any camp to mellonout is no Danny Evans. Was Wildman AWOL?

Comment

10. There are no hogs at Granger.
                          9. Learn to fish.
                          8. Protest the helo-hunts
                          7. Freeze dried food on Thursday and Friday morning will get you laughed at.
                          6. Bring your wife, she may buy you a knife.
                          5. Gear checks including your significant others underwear is not off limits.
                          4. Playing ferry sucks, maybe it time to just "needs a ride".
                          3. Don't challenge Rat to anything especially if it involves your belongings.
                          2. Walking from PC to the 95 bridge, around to Steps and back to across from PC doesn't mean you'll get a shot opportunity.
                          1. Staying relatively sober makes for a much more enjoyable GRXH.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fun times as always.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                              Lessons learned-

1. SHOOT EM IN THE LIPS. I missed a shot at 10 yards on a runner, shot felt great, mechanics were perfect, elevations was perfect... just hit right behind the pig.
                              2. All my trad bros need to step up and shoot in camp too! The Black Hammer was the only other trad guy not afraid to shoot in camp!
                              3. I need to re-serve my bow string, my arrows kept popping off the nocking point. Melting the knock a little with a lighter and squeezing it tighter works....sorta.
                              4. Bring a shovel out there and level off the little hill that's now my official camp spot.
                              5. You won't take pics if your camera is in your pack. Keep it out, the nastier the weather the better!
                              6. The original crappy weather forecast kept all the freeloading Hillary lovers at home, just about everyone hunted and pitched in in some way this time! Real men and women aren't afraid to get moist for the hog!
                              7. Down sleeping bags rock.
                              8. An after dark boat ride from B-Ho is a terrifying experience
                              9. Mongo the BeeKeeper has amazing honey.
                              10. Go with your first instinct when picking a spot. 3 hogs busted within 10 yards of my original setup on the last night....
                              #8?
                              But did you die? Lol!!

Comment

Working...
                              X