Ben pearson recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben pearson recurve

I picked this bow up a few years ago, put it in a closet and forgot about it.
    It is a Ben Pearson Collegian. I know absolutely nothing about recurves, and haven't shot one since I was 12 years old.

It needs a string of course, and some leather or material on the shelf to rest an arrow on. Anything else I should need to get this bow shooting again. It looks to be old but in good shape. I shoot a 29" DL on my compounds. What type and length of string should I get?
    I had considered rigging it out as a fishing bow. But not sure. I am recovering from surgery to repair a torn bicep tendon on my right arm. I'm thinking maybe by the summer this could be a fun strengthening tool for me that would provide some fun exercise for my arm.
    I've got some cheap carbon arrows I bought to fling and random stuff, that shoot very close to my good hunting arrows out of my compound bow. Will these work to shoot with this recurve?

Any help getting this ready to shoot are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Files

Call 3 rivers and order one or ask them what length I think you need a string 58”, tune the arrows

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

60" bow you'll need a B50 or B55 string 56" long. Don't get any fast flight materials.

Gary

Comment

get a string of Amazon and some cheap arrows, tie on a noc point and start shooting. It will come back to you every quickly

Comment

IMO, bow fishing with a 32# bow won't be fun. It'll be lobing those arrows out. I'd say a 56.5" string.

Comment

Good stuff guys thanks

Comment

That is almost a longbow so the 4" shorter than bow length rule may not work. Longbows take 3" shorter. I have to agree with Kossetx on 56 1/2".

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                That is almost a longbow so the 4" shorter than bow length rule may not work. Longbows take 3" shorter. I have to agree with Kossetx on 56 1/2".
                I think you're right.

Comment

Try some para cord just to mock it up and get the right size 3, 3.5 , 4 inch shorter, adjust the knot just to see what size fits better before ordering a string. It’s low poundage it will hold without drawing back of course. That’s what I did that with an old Ben Pearson Spector recurve I have, picked up at a pawn shop cheap.

Comment

Working...
                  X