Lamco Low and Throw?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    So lets heat more about the latches. My first thought when I saw them is that they might rot. I have always had the spring and hook combination on my feeders so I figured I'd replace them with that later if it came down to it.
    The ones getting the most sun have cracks in them so I am not sure how long they will last before breaking. One of my buddies broke after 3 years. These are some very well built feeders though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

So lets heat more about the latches. My first thought when I saw them is that they might rot. I have always had the spring and hook combination on my feeders so I figured I'd replace them with that later if it came down to it.
      We broke one of ours getting it off the trailer on our trough feeders. Other than that they have been fine. Only out a year so far.

Comment

I guess I’ll watch them and go back with these if needed.

Comment

They sell the latches. I bet if you would call Lamco and tell them what happened, they’d probably send you the latches for free. Best customer service I’ve ever dealt with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post

They sell the latches. I bet if you would call Lamco and tell them what happened, they’d probably send you the latches for free. Best customer service I’ve ever dealt with!

Figured they did and that’s cheaper than I thought with Lamco.

Comment

Have a 1000#er and love the capacity and ease of filling, great design. Only issue/modification I have had to make was the gap between the spinner and funnel was too small causing it to not feed enough for my liking even running multiple 30 sec feedings (am a heavy feeder). The gap between the guard plates was not enough to lower the spinner so I had to put some additional spacers in the four bolts holding it on, that let me drop spinner another 1/4" and get better feed flow.

No critter issues except i did have a goat kick on the sides and open the latch on one side which let the lid blow off and rain get it in and ruin some corn. Is not fun but scooping it out from the back of the truck is not a horrible operation even for a fat man.

Only other mod I made was to rattle can it to cut down the shine of the galvanize (not really needed but I did it anyway)

Comment

Any place to buy one of these between Houston and Fredricksburg?
                Beyer feed about 4 miles north of Fredericksburg on 16 carries them.

Comment

The Timer, is 49.00 at Buc ee’s.

Comment

I guess I’ll watch them and go back with these if needed.

WTX game feeders in angelo has the rubber latches.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                      Any place to buy one of these between Houston and Fredricksburg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Look at premier theaters in Brookshire, that’s where I got mine. They’re only open half day on Saturday and 8:30-5:30 Tuesday-Friday.

Comment

Can these feeders fit in the back of a truck bed? The guy is saying to flip it upside down in the back of the truck, I don’t want to haul a trailer just for one feeder.

Comment

Yes, this is the 1,000lb.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
                            Can these feeders fit in the back of a truck bed? The guy is saying to flip it upside down in the back of the truck, I don’t want to haul a trailer just for one feeder.

Yes. I had my 600 upside down with a truck box as well in my shortbed...

Comment

I just purchased 2 from Brezina's last Friday and headed to new lease this weekend to setup. I was able to put tailgate down and put both upside down in a Ram short bed and fit fine.

Comment

Thanks y’all, I’m going to pick mine up Friday and the guy was telling me I’ll have to flip it over to fit between the wheelwells.

Comment

Working...
                                X