First time shooting 3d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time shooting 3d

I have never really shot 3d and decided I need to change that. There is a local shoot this weekend but I only have 6 arrows right now. How many do y’all take? It is a 20 Target course and the farthest shot from the trad stakes is 25 yards. I am shooting fairly regularly in the back yard to 20 and consider myself hunting proficient at around 12-14 depending on the day. Just didn’t want to be the guy they shows up to the golf course with one sleeve of balls and doesn’t make it thru the front 9!

l usually take 2 or 3

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
      l usually take 2 or 3

I am hoping I only need one!

Comment

Originally posted by duck'n View Post
        I am hoping I only need one!
        That is always the hope :-) Sometimes it don't work out that way though haha

Comment

I carry whatever is in my practice quiver. Currently 5. Fortunately I usually only use one. But you never know if you'll blow a nock, slip an insert or just get a couple of questionable shots and want to shoot a different one.

Comment

I always carry 3 or 4 extra just in case they have one of them pesky steel rabbits or dillers.

Comment

I carry 5 or 6. Rarely need more than 1, but like said above, you never know????

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Carry what you have. It depends a lot on your range. Our ranges are famous for rocks and steel pipes and bicycle wheels that have to be shot through. Makes for a lot of stray and broken arrows. My goals at one of our shoots is to not lose or break any arrows. I have seen guys have to borrow arrows to finish.

Comment

You will be fine with 6. Misses are fairly common at trad 3d shoots and everyone in the group helps look for arrows that go astray.

Comment

You should know that it is customary to make fun of those in your group for poor shots and to call anyone using an umbrella to deflect wind a part of the female anatomy.

Comment

I'll usually carry a dozen. Mostly because I like the way a full back quiver looks. Have made it thru 2 rounds (100 targets) with one arrow. And other times broken/lost all but one in a single round lol
                      Where are you shooting? Golden Eagle?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^^^^^
                        It's nice to see a couple TBHers from my neck of the woods

Comment

This shoot is at Mission...RGV Bowhunters

Comment

Originally posted by duck'n View Post
                            This shoot is at Mission...RGV Bowhunters
                            Gotta look them up

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X