Ponds advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ponds advice

Hey, once again new to the whole ranch management thing, whats the best way to make some ponds? Find a caliche pit and dig it out and wait for rain? Or some kind of liner? Just new to the whole thing so anything would help! Our well is super bad, hoping to get a new one with the water surveryor coming out. Will update on that. Should I make a thread of the ranch and keep everyone updated? Should be a nice project.

Do your research, hire a professional, get references and have them guarantee it not to leak. There’s a lot more to building a tank than just diggin a hole, trust me.

Comment

agree - way more to having a good pond than digging a hole. Need the right amount of run off area or a spring that can feed it. need the right type of soil. need someone to dig it who knows what they are doing.

go to www.pondboss.com - great forum with tons of resources and professional who know what they are doing - may cost you some $$ but will add tons of value to your property
      Attached Files

Comment

Rocksprings area...you will more than likely need to seal with a liner, bentonite, or blue clay. We're in the Junction area and went with blue clay. Worked great. Maybe stop in at feed store and ask who digs tanks in that area. Go see their work.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
          Do your research, hire a professional, get references and have them guarantee it not to leak. There’s a lot more to building a tank than just diggin a hole, trust me.
          ^^^ This. Not as easy as it sounds. Seen many pond dams break bc no run off or they overflow, break and end up a big mud hole. You can do it yourself but just have the right machinery and do some research.

Comment

Working...
          X