Thoughts on a Big Oklahoma 6 Point!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
    i figured a learned hunting guy like yourself , you'd know that the B&C system never envisioned a main frame 6 pt NETTING their books minimums therefore there is no mechanism for getting to 8 mass measurements on a 6 pt. Hence, a 6 point only gets the 6 mass measurements as called for in B&C system. HOWEVER, the P&Y system knew such a beast might exist to net the minimums thus they have a system for getting to the 8 mass measurements (basically you take the bases twice each). So are we talking B&C or P&Y ??
    Joe you are making my head hurt.

Originally posted by lab man View Post
    I believe that you would take the H3 measurement on the main beam halfway between the G2 and the tip of the beam. The H3 and H4 will have matching measurements on each side for a typical six point.
    Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
    Always 8 mass measurements...
    I believe these are correct. If I have time tomorrow I'll dig out my B&C Scoring book (Oh ya, it's an official one. We used them when getting certified to score for TBGA, and taught by a B&C scorer) and double check. I don't ever claim to know everything about everything, but pretty sure I'm right about this.

Comment

That's a super cool buck. Free range?

Comment

He is all over the 150" mark. Buck of many lifetimes..

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
          That's a super cool buck. Free range?
          Yessir.

Comment

Well I stand corrected as B&C obviously paid attention to my arguments from the 90s/early 2000s about this subject and they have updated their scoring rules as have P&Y (bc they used to say for a 6 pt, use base twice). Now they both have the same system.

Comment

Well I stand corrected as B&C obviously paid attention to my arguments from the 90s/early 2000s about this subject and they have updated their scoring rules as have P&Y (bc they used to say for a 6 pt, use base twice). Now they both have the same system.
              Gotta check these things once every decade or so!

Comment

Bust him!

Comment

Well that's good to know. Even for a learned hunting guy like myself...

Comment

Working...
                  X