Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bergara B14 HMR vs. Browning x-Bolt Hells Canyon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bergara B14 HMR vs. Browning x-Bolt Hells Canyon?

Anybody have any experience with these 2 guns ??
    looking for 6.5 Creedmore or PRC
    Kinda have narrowed down the search between these 2.
    I like the weigh of the Bergara for recoil reduction aspect and gravitating toward the creedmore
    (I don't like Recoil)
    Any input would be appreciated !!!

Thanks

Bump

Comment

I’ve got the Hells Canyon speed in 6.5 creedmoor. It handles well and is accurate. Recoil is a non issue in the Creedmoor.
      No experience with the Bergara or the 6.5 PRC.

Comment

Two completely different style guns. One is a benchrest "tactical" style, the other is a "backpack" hunting rifle. They're both good guns. Decide what you're going to be using it for and go from there.

Comment

I bought my oldest son a Hells canyon used in 6.5 CM so he would keep his mitts off my long range shooters. Put a 4.5x14 Leupold Mark 4 on it and with factory ammo it is a serious shooter.
          I shot under 1 in group with factory ammo at 200 yards with it.
          He was overlooking a big field from a hill trying to fill MLD tags and a Mgt buck followed a does out at 475 yards, he dropped both on the spot.
          That's some great performance from a rifle that is light enough to carry around

Comment

Bergara is good value for the money

Comment

I just bought a HMR and mounted my scope. Haven’t fired it yet, but it looks bad to tha bone. It’s a heavy mutha though with that bull barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know theses are two different guns but I plan on target shooting with it as well as deer hunting.
                I put my hands on both today and BIG difference in weight of course.
                Just wondering the recoil of the lighter guns !!
                As I said I hate recoil !!

Comment

It"s a 6.5 creedmoor. It doesn't have any recoil to begin with. I have a Bergara Ridge SP .308 18" barrel. To be honest, i'm not super impressed by the gun. The action is not great, nor the accuracy. I've shot a multitude of different loads through it. Gun is super picky. It shoots a A-Max and the Federal TLR right at an inch. Everything else has been terrible.

But the HMR is a different gun, seems to be popular.

I shot a handful of rounds through my buddies Hells canyon speed .300 win mag. It was a solid shooting gun. Super light.

Comment

I have the HMR. It is an absolute tack driver. I’m
                    Going to be selling mine for one reason only: I bought it for an antelope rifle and after spending a cpl days walking 6-7 miles with it, decided I would have something lighter by next year. If you are a box blind hunter, you will love it. If you put a lot of miles on your boots, get a diff option.

Comment

Originally posted by Revelation View Post
                      I know theses are two different guns but I plan on target shooting with it as well as deer hunting.
                      I put my hands on both today and BIG difference in weight of course.
                      Just wondering the recoil of the lighter guns !!
                      As I said I hate recoil !!
                      The 6.5 CM is a very low recoil cal, the kind women and kids can handle
                      The Hells Canyon comes with a break and a thread cap, the break is normally used for those that target shoot long range and want to see the bullet impact thru the scope

Comment

The HMR is one heck of a rifle but on the heavy side for hunting, unless u r just box stand hunting and not carrying it much. I have the HMR and just love it. I just sold a X bolt in 270w liked it too but was thinning the herd. No way I would get rid of the HMR 6.5cm

Comment

Looks like I have narrowed it down to a Christiansen Arms Ridgeline 6.5 Creedmoor
                          Just can’t find one for the right price !!!!!
                          Yes the HMR is to heavy and bulky

Comment

Originally posted by Revelation View Post
                            Looks like I have narrowed it down to a Christiansen Arms Ridgeline 6.5 Creedmoor
                            Just can’t find one for the right price !!!!!
                            Yes the HMR is to heavy and bulky
                            Bergara Ridge is a lighter option than the HMR and they came out with the wilderness series that is cerakote.

Comment

I have a CA ridgeline in 300wsm its been a great light weight gun. Total weight with scope is 8lb even.

Comment

Working...
                              X