ziess conquest v4 vs leupold and others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ziess conquest v4 vs leupold and others

wanting to upgrade scopes on my new tikka 6.5cm. I can get a really good deal on a ziess. looking at a 4-16x44 scope. how do these compare to the various leupold lines of scopes? I am considering going back to a duplex. redicle so I can see it better at low light and dialing for yardage instead of going with an MOA style redicle that in my experience is hard to use in low light.

I don’t have any experience with the Zeiss but have plenty of leupold freedoms, vx2s, vx3i and a vx5hd in 3-15 with the firedot and cds. If your budget allows look at the vx5 and I bet you’ll be happy with it

Comment

Look for a Meopta 4.5-14x44

Comment

If you get a deal on Zeiss, look at the V6.

Comment

I really like the v4s I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
            isnt the only difference in v6 and v4 the magnification range? it's all the same glass right? never mind found out it isnt the same glass
            Last edited by Javelin; 12-01-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I have a Zeiss Conquest HD5 and several Leupold including a VX6HD. The Zeiss and VX6 are right on par with each other in my opinion. The Zeiss has better glass than my Leupold VX3’s. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the Zeiss. However, I’m really liking the CDS feature on the Leupold.

Comment

Check out the VX-5HD's. They're the old VX6 glass. Johnson gunworks out of Brownwood will get you a heck of deal on them. I'm about to pick one up for my Tikka .300

Comment

We have several Tikkas..all with Zeiss Conquest scopes.... I love those scopes.... I like my Leupold’s also..but they don’t match up to that Zeiss glass....

Comment

I'd go with the Zeiss Conquest in a heartbeat. Great scopes!

Comment

Cheaper Zeiss models will beat cheaper or midrange leupolds in every catagory. High end Leupolds will beat midrange Zeiss models. Barely. Neck in neck, top of the line, Zeiss beats a lot of names. Including Leupold. If you get a deal on one, it’s a no brainer.

Comment

Even though I'm kinda a leupy fan boy I would go zeiss unless you are willing to step up to the Leupold mark5 hd.

Comment

Congrats on the Tikka, great rifle! Scope depends on your vision and application. I compared Zeiss, Leupold, S&B and Vortex a few years ago at dusk. We had five guys rating and ranking the scopes, Two ranked S&B #1, the other three scopes all received one vote each for best low light. I have a couple of the Zeiss Conquests and love the scope. Would'nt want to use them for long range as I don't care for the turrets(knobs really)

if the price range works, look at the new(ish) Leupold M5 HD, low light is great, weight is good and so far the turret tracking is solid.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post

2nd this. Glass is phenomenal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Zeiss hands down

Comment

Working...
                              X