Cool Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool Find

Going through some of my Grandparents books, and found this!
    Attached Files

Cool
    I bet it has some interesting advice

Comment

What year was that from, just curious? I would guess the 50s.

Comment

Still a few fallout shelters on campus up here.

Comment

I remember, the drills at school...…………….

Comment

That’s a cool find. My mom told me about the drills they used to have back in the day.

Comment

Duck and cover to survive a nuclear explosion.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                I remember, the drills at school...…………….
                The one's where they taught us to go into the hallway and bend over and kiss our...….goodbye?

Comment

Back in the 1960's the basement at my church (in Tulsa) was designated as one of the "Community Fallout Shelters" they had all over the country. Our Boy Scout Troop stored all our gear in that basement and I remember going down there and seeing rows of those green barrels with the civil defense logo on them - stacked 3 high. I suppose they held food and fresh water? There was a dad on my street who was a bomb shelter salesman - he had some very profitable years after the Cuban missile crisis.

Comment

Very cool!!

Comment

We have lava tubes out here in the desert by Rexburg that were designated Civil Defense caves in the 50's and 60's. They are about 40 feet underground and a mile long, and were stocked with supplies and food for the nuclear attacks. Really cool to walk down after all these years.

Comment

That's very cool. I love the movie Blast from the Past. I bet there were some impressive shelters built all over the country.

Comment

Unfortunately with the way the world is behaving at this time you may want to get a reprint of that book.

Comment

I think I would just jump headfirst toward the blast to get it over quicker. The whole ducking thing is a little deceiving.

Comment

cool

Comment

Working...
                              X