CWD: The latest!! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWD: The latest!! :(

There was a thread posted on this yesterday.

Comment

It is sad to hear it is slowly spreading. fingers crossed it was an isolated incident. Does any know, can you still eat the meat of a deer with CWD?

Comment

Cant read the article...LF, HF, deer farm?

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
          It is sad to hear it is slowly spreading. fingers crossed it was an isolated incident. Does any know, can you still eat the meat of a deer with CWD?
          As of right now the science seems to indicate that it only affects ungulates and that humans cannot get it. But, my understanding is that prions can lay dormant for years or decades before their presence is noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Subdivision

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                There was a thread posted on this yesterday.
                Good

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
                  Technically, yes. Out of safety though, I wouldn't. The risk is if one of those prions mutates and a human ends up with CJD from it. It hasn't happened yet, but doesn't mean it can't ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    Technically, yes. Out of safety though, I wouldn't. The risk is if one of those prions mutates and a human ends up with CJD from it. It hasn't happened yet, but doesn't mean it can't ever happen.
                    I would hate to see the day that this disease mutates and infects a human..
                    The panic and mayhem that would follow will be like none the hunting industry has ever seen.. Man O man what a nightmare..

Comment

Working...
                    X