Approximate Cost of Build Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting to find an approximate cost per square foot to build an office in my shop. It'll be 800 sqft with 2 offices, waiting room, rest room and small kitchen. Again, just need a ballpark figure.

Thank you,

George

Did you rough in the plumbing and waste for the kitchen and lavatory originally. Busting out concrete and re-running will be 40% of the new cost.

Comment

Blank,

Yes sir, the plumbing has already been roughed in.

Comment

I’m curious too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know for a fact... +/-$60/SF. Just finished one on Monday. Went from open shop to two bedroom apartment with bathroom, kitchen, new hvac, laminate flooring and carpet and tile in bathroom, all new plumbing and lighting fixtures, (was not previously plumbed). Removed two roll up doors, closed in with new windows.

****edited from 65 to 60 after I actually did correct math.[emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by curtintex; 12-17-2019, 08:51 PM.

Comment

CurtinTex above: Sounds like you did a deluxe finis with all house grade finishes. I would base my comments below on shop grade, and not planning on living in them.

A good friend just did this in his body shop, and received quotes from $20-25 per square foot. There are many variables to all this, and he actually came in right at $30 for a quality build. Nice finishes, wainscot so chairs didn't ruin walls, and quality lighting. OSB exterior walls with industrial cabinets.

You say approx. 800 sq.ft. Stick with standard dimensions, and save yourself a lot of waste on materials. I would recommend 24x32 feet, for a total of 768 sq.ft. Is this a stand alone in the shop, or are you able to utilize a corner where there are already two walls erected, and possibly insulated too?? These are offices, do they need to be relatively soundproof.?? Then use 2x6 walls instead of 2x4. Probably 5/8" sheetrock also for quiet and fireproofing from shop accidents, I don't know what your codes would be there. Trus-Joists or 2x12" rafters and you can utilize the upper deck for storage area.

Suggest 10 foot ceilings, to allow for ceiling fans. Will you have finished concrete or carpeted flooring (with traffic from shop, it will be filthy in a short period of time.) My friend did a really nice job with granite counter tops, Kohler plumbing and Delta faucets and fixtures. Used Hampton fans for the life time warranty, with a dusty environment. The sky is the limit, if you are using this office area as an upgrade to help you make more money.

I would plan on $16-24K.
            Last edited by Blank; 12-17-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Thank y'all for the figures, I have something to start with now. Have a Merry Christmas

Comment

Working...
              X