No announcement yet.

Game warden question #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always used a kill switch. First I've heard of having the key tethered to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
      You have a boat swap ends on you one time and,you won't need a warden to tell you to wear it.

This. Had my 206 Champion almost get away from me on Grand Lake running about 65. It’s clipped on now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nanny state....

“If equipped”... Unequip it and you’re ok?

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
          Dropped off a deer at the processor today. Lady gave me a heads up, "make sure you signed the back of the license". We got to talking about the game warden and gettin stopped.

Lady said the got stopped by game warden in matagorda and was told , "the boat key must be fastened to the driver"

Yall ever heard of this? She said they were told it's a new law, passed this year.
          As far as I knew it was always a law.

Comment

It is a good practice. Not cumbersome. I was skiing behind my old light aluminum and my driver friend hit a big wake. The boat pulled a wheeely and he went over the side. This crazy dude held on to the wheel bouncing over the side and pulled himself back in. Unbelievable! Yes. But it happened. Glad he was in super shape. I was watching this from skis wondering when to let go or run if my boat destroyed something or hurt someone. Lucky we recovered and God was not done with me. Wear it! Mine did not have one but!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
              did the law specify how long the cable has to be?
              I attach mine using WiFi

Comment

PFD's and kill switches saves lives. My boat doesn't move without either used as intended.

Comment

I've witnessed 2 accidents that if the driver of the boat had a kill switch attached would not have happened. I don't need to tell you what kind of damage a boat prop can do.

Comment

Kill switch not boat key.

the key for my boat and the kill switch are 2 totally different thing.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      Another bs law just like the seat belt law.
                      I disagree sir. If i fall out of my boat without the kill switch on and my kids are in it with me, do you think a 6 and 9 year would be able to figure out how to stop it before disaster was to strike?

Ill answer for you, it's NO!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        I disagree sir. If i fall out of my boat without the kill switch on and my kids are in it with me, do you think a 6 and 9 year would be able to figure out how to stop it before disaster was to strike?

I agree with the law, however, at 6 & 9, one of them should be trained.

Sam Rayburn, Busy weekend, 8 yrs old.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That’s why you wear a kill switch. An 8 year old might slam their boat into yours and throw you out.

Comment

'if equipped' ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

And you weren't able to figure that out without it being made a law?

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                                And you weren't able to figure that out without it being made a law?
                                Oh no, I knew. My dad made use wear the kill switch coming up as kids when they first started getting equipped on boats.

My problem isn't wearing it, it's forgetting to take it off when I get ready to fish.

Comment

Working...
                                X