X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worksharp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Worsharp man they are great, I was a butcher for five years and had many types of sharpeners. The worksharp is my favorite. I can get my wife’s cheap set of cooking knives (she doesn’t use the nice ones because she is hell on wheels on blades) just as sharp as my Fallkniven knives get. I use it for everything. I use the 20 degree guard for everything. Get the travel guide one too it’s great for your truck or bag. I’ve caped lots of animals in the field with just that and a victorinox caper for clients.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
        Gents having trouble putting a good edge on my hunting, edc blades. Need some advice on knife sharpening, I am relatively inexperienced.

Thanks
        Get a medium and fine Arkansas stone. Get coarse of knifes are in really bad shape. There are setups that have all three which is what I have. Read instructions on the kit and you'll soon have an edge that will clean 3-5 deer depending on how you clean. Avoid cutting through hair and your edge will last longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Quanah11 View Post
          Worsharp man they are great, I was a butcher for five years and had many types of sharpeners. The worksharp is my favorite. I can get my wife’s cheap set of cooking knives (she doesn’t use the nice ones because she is hell on wheels on blades) just as sharp as my Fallkniven knives get. I use it for everything. I use the 20 degree guard for everything. Get the travel guide one too it’s great for your truck or bag. I’ve caped lots of animals in the field with just that and a victorinox caper for clients.
          Dang, thats a serious endorsement... got me thinking now, which model?

Comment

I use Trizact 2x72 belts on my grinder with a 4" rubber contact wheel.
            A30, A16 and finish with an A6. One very light pass on each side with 1"x8" hard cotton wheel on the buffer. Blades are so sharp if you even look at them your eyelids will fall off.

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
              Worksharp is ok for “touching up” a blade, but Lansky is better if you need to actually put an edge on a knife.

I have and use both.
              Lansky for me---I set the angle at 20-deg first, and then do the final edge at 25-deg.

Comment

Wicked edge is what I’m using now .

Comment

I have a Worksharp and really like it for my cheap knives, be careful or you will ruin your points and such and be careful because that sucker will remove a LOT of metal from the blade in a hurry. For my better knives that I don't want to use a belt sander (lol) to sharpen a good large stone and diamond hone and patience with consistent angles does the trick. If you want to get crazy finish off with a leather strop but I've never felt the need to go that far. One thing that helps, don't ever let them get "dull" to begin with, few swipes with the butcher stick every now and then while using and you won't need to worry about it.
                  Last edited by justletmein; 10-20-2018, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Get a Lansky they're very easy to use and they will put a razor edge on your blades

Comment

Get a Lansky system. Easiest and sharpest I’ve ever been able to get knifes.

Comment

I used a Lansky for years but got where I hated to kill pigs because I would dull two knives and have to spend an hour a knife to get the blades back to sharp. I bought the Worksharp and sold my Lansky. I use the coarse belt the first time I sharpen a knife and run it 10 times on each side. Then 10 times per side on the medium and 10-15 times on the fine. Then I use my Schrade Sharpfinger leather sheath to strop it. Shave the hair off my arms after only about 10 minutes of sharpening. I sharpen all my knives using the Work Sharp including the 3 custom knives I bought from Tim (Chopsknives).

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                          How cheap we talking?
                          Old timer, Schrade, Buck, Rapala.

Comment

Working...
                          X