Left handed 22 LR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left handed 22 LR

My youngest son is a lefty, I'm thinking about getting him a left handed .22 LR for his birthday. Anyone have suggestions or recommendations?

He has a Remington 788 in 6mm Rem, and a Stag Arms AR-15 that are both left handed. He really likes LH rifles over using right handed ones.

Savage usually has good options for lefties. I have a left handed .17hmr bolt action Savage that is a great little rifle.
    Last edited by SamSowell; 11-02-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

CZ makes a nice lefty 22

Comment

Please look at the CZ line of bolt .22’s. They still make rifles the way they did in the old day. Nice wood, deep blued steel, European craftsmanship and accuracy wrapped all in one.

Comment

A right handed 10/22 works pretty good, of all my semi auto 22s none of them throw brass in my face. Lever action 22s are pretty neat if your kid is into cowboy movies

Comment

I'm a lefty and my favorite plinkin' 22 is a BLR22... It's in fact ambidextrous lever gun and deadly accurate. Hulls come out on the right, but since it's a lever gun, it's not an issue... It has a short throw on the lever and the hammer is the safety... Fine worksmanship and built like a tank... I have a grade I and a grade II and both are tack-drivers...

Comment

I shoot southpaw also, let me know when he is ready for another lefty bolt deer rifle, I have several left handed model 70’s that sit in the safe. As for a .22, not a ton of options. A few options are savage Mark II, CZ 452, and browning T-bolt. Look into bottom ejectors also. If he wants an AR-22, there’s a few options for left handed uppers beyond stag (Gibbz arms makes a lefty side charger that has become my favorite AR upper).

Give Chuck from left handed guns of Texas a call, he knows more about south paw shooting than anyone I’ve ever talked to. Google that name and his website should come up, if not let me know and I’ll send you his number. He does, or used to at least, gun shows around Houston also.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                CZ makes a nice lefty 22
                another CZ vote

Comment

I love my CZ lefty 22lr (and 17hmr)

Comment

Thanks for the tips and info guys

Comment

Working...
                    X