New limbs: Built for SPEED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some new Bob Lee limbs. 38# @ 28". I've got some really light weight shafts coming and plan to make up arrows right at 8 gpp. I pull 29" DL and 40#, so 320 gr arrows. Very light. Not intended for deer or hogs.

I'm expecting it to be noisy. But this rig is just for targets, 3D, squirrels, and rabbits.

To cut the noise and vibration I'm sure will be there, what do you suggest? I'm thinking:
    - EW Bateman heavy yarn puff silenencers (came with the limbs already set up).
    - Add a small puff at the string/limb junction (rather like a Mt. Muffler).
    - Limbsaver on the face of each limb, right about the fade out.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by SJP51; 09-25-2021, 03:42 PM.

I think you're spot on. Limbsavers went on all my old limbs and they helped alot for vib. Real yard on the string for the sound

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
      I think you're spot on. Limbsavers went on all my old limbs and they helped alot for vib. Real yard on the string for the sound
      "Real yard"?? What's that? A typo or someting I need to add?

Comment

My apologies, real yarn versus synthetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
          My apologies, real yarn versus synthetic.
          Roger that. 100% wool.

Comment

Did you get Cobra Curve limbs???

Order this, and you will have enough to make string silencers for a good while!!!

And I would start with the yarn puffs. If that dosen’t get it where you want it, add the next thing. You are wanting speed, and every bit of weight you add to the string will rob just a little bit of that speed.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Last edited by Bisch; 09-25-2021, 10:09 PM.

Comment

No Cobra's. Got regular recurve limbs for 60" AMO bow. I've shot some Cobra's and they are very, very nice. But I'm a tight wad of 7th Order.

String already has EW Bateman puffs that JJ installed. I like them and they work well, but I did use that yarn of yours to make the small puffs at the string/limb interface. Have used it on other bare strings and they make good puffs.

The vib and noise may not be too bad. We'll see once I get the arrows built.
              Last edited by SJP51; 09-26-2021, 06:15 AM.

Comment

If you are only using this setup for target archery, the noise really dosen’t matter unless you just can’t stand listening to it! I’ve shot next to bare bow guys before, and when some of those bows are fired, it’ll make you duck for cover!!!! [emoji15]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Limb Savers are a great option.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X