Saturday Night Grilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Night Grilling

This was my first time cooking top sirloin since I retired from cutting meat(2006). Not my favorite steak by any means, but I bought this H-E-B Natural Angus Boneless Beef Top Sirloin Steak from the full service steak counter because it looked really good. I reverse seared it on my Rec Tec-590 till 120° and finished on the Weber Genesis till medium /medium rare. I was really happy with the flavor and tenderness of this sirloin. Probably gonna do more in the future. The last sirloin steak I cooked was 1.99 lb. select and I swore I would never buy a select steak again unless I was going to grind it.

Looks good, I like the taste of sirloin.

Comment

Looks very good. I have been working on learning to perfect cooking steaks. I found learning to pick out good steaks, makes a big difference in the finished product. I am guessing you know that subject very well. I am just starting to learn which steaks are the best. Then getting better at cooking them.

Comment

I cut a bunch of sirloins out of a doe this past year. I had people swearing it was backstrap. It's gonna end up costing me 2-3 deer a year so I can get my grind and steak meat!

Comment

That looks mouth watering...

Comment

I really like sirloin for fajitas.

Comment

Looks pretty good.

Comment

Working...
              X