Recurve making a strange DOING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recurve making a strange DOING!

I just came back from a weekend at the ranch.
    Today, I take out my Bob Lee take-down recurve and put it back together.
    I wipe out the dust, and string it back to my preferred brace height and go fling a few arrows.
    Its all good except for a strange DOING sound coming out of my bow.
    I took it down again, replaced the velcro I use where my string touches the limbs, put it back together and shoot. Again that strange sound.
    It appears to be coming out of my upper limb. I see it vibrates more than usual, or more than I ever realized. Screws are tight, new velcro, it has limbsavers, proper brace hight, arrows are about 11gpp.

What else do I need to look at?
    Any suggestions?

Do you have the thin rubber between the limbs and riser in?

Comment

Sorry, but sounds like it's time for a new bow. I will waive my usual "give a reason fee" for giving you the reason for buying a new bow. This is very helpful when the leader of the household, banker, boss, seargent of arms says differently. Automatically pushes the situation to a majority vote wins type thingy (me giving you the reason and your vote for yourself)! Ok, sounds to me like you have covered everything, I got nothing.

Comment

I would say check everything. Tiller, straightness, limbs for twist/cracks/ anything. Our Bob Lee's are super quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by brent.westbrook View Post
          Do you have the thin rubber between the limbs and riser in?
          It does have the thin rubber.

Its a great and super quiet bow. I cant figure out why its doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
            Sorry, but sounds like it's time for a new bow. I will waive my usual "give a reason fee" for giving you the reason for buying a new bow. This is very helpful when the leader of the household, banker, boss, seargent of arms says differently. Automatically pushes the situation to a majority vote wins type thingy (me giving you the reason and your vote for yourself)! Ok, sounds to me like you have covered everything, I got nothing.
            Ha! I know.
            I like ut too much to give up on it that quick.

Comment

Your not plucking the string are you? Probably not what it is, but thats all I got

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                Your not plucking the string are you? Probably not what it is, but thats all I got
                Nope.

I Still cant figure it out.

Comment

Try unbolting the limbs and check and see if the bolts are the same length. If the bolts are different size, put the longer of the two closer to the grip. Good luck!!!

Comment

Are you shooting a Flemish or endless string? If endless put a new string on and try it.

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                      Try unbolting the limbs and check and see if the bolts are the same length. If the bolts are different size, put the longer of the two closer to the grip. Good luck!!!
                      I'll look into that. Could be.
                      Originally posted by Cold 1 View Post
                      Are you shooting a Flemish or endless string? If endless put a new string on and try it.
                      Its a flemish.

Thanks guys!

Comment

I'm betting, if it wasn't doing it before you took it down, then has to be something to do with when you went back together with it. The bolts are a good possibility.

You might also try putting some teflon tape on the threads of the bolts. Doing that made a big difference on my BW.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post

You might also try putting some teflon tape on the threads of the bolts. Doing that made a big difference on my BW.

Rick
                          Now that is a great idea Rick. I bet that will help it.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                            I'm betting, if it wasn't doing it before you took it down, then has to be something to do with when you went back together with it. The bolts are a good possibility.

Rick
                            That sure sounds like a good idea.
                            And now that you mention it, I think I did put some bowstring wax on them before.

Comment

I had one do that once before and it was the fur silencers that had worked loose on the string. Drove me crazy (it wasn't a far drive though) until I found the problem. If you have fur silencers make sure they are tight on the string.

Doug Key

Comment

Working...
                              X