Slick Trick SS3 1-PIECE BROADHEAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slick Trick SS3 1-PIECE BROADHEAD

Does anyone have any experience with this broadhead from Slick Trick?

https://slicktrick.net/collections/fixed-blades/products/ss3-1-piece-broadhead
    Attached Files

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=37JLSHy_pAA"]SLICK TRICK SS3 Broadhead Test - YouTube[/ame]

I plan on getting my hands on some soon.

Comment

Short easy to sharpen fixed head that should be tough. I like the looks of it. Have not tried it though I have killed quite a few critters with the G5 Montech and have a few that have been through deer and several hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
        Short easy to sharpen fixed head that should be tough. I like the looks of it. Have not tried it though I have killed quite a few critters with the G5 Montech and have a few that have been through deer and several hogs.
        I was thinking the same thing. It looks tough and I really like the looks of it. I was hopping someone might have have had some first had experience with it.

Comment

It looks a lot like a 3 blade version of the tooth of the arrow head IMO

Comment

Originally posted by NCTx Dude View Post
            You are correct it does look similar to theirs. I like that Slick Trick sharpens the broadhead all the wat to the tip making it a cut on contact head.

Comment

Looks nice

Comment

I would like to try them and I like the way they look but they only come in 100 grain. It’s to close to season for me to be messing with my setup. For now I will stick to my 125 grain VPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is actually the head I'm using this year. The video posted above was what led me to purchase them and ditch my previous broadheads.

They fly like darts and sharpen very easily but that's as much experience as I have with them.

Comment

Nice! I’ve shot slick truck magnums for the last 4 years and have had zero issues. I’ll definitely be checking these out.

Comment

I hope they are quality. I really do, but have 2 concerns

1. I have never, ever, ever ever got that style head 1/3 sharp enough for my standard. May be sharp enough, but not what I like… this one could be different

2. Since the “outdoor group” bought them, quality control and value have plummeted. I hope this isn’t a train wreck like their mechanicals

I’m die hard SlickTrick, and glad I’ve got 3 lifetimes of mags acquired long ago. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by NCTx Dude View Post
                        Exactly what I thought. I love the Tooth of the Arrow broadheads. I haven't tried the slick tricks.

Comment

1. I have never, ever, ever ever got that style head 1/3 sharp enough for my standard. May be sharp enough, but not what I like… this one could be different

i agree with this......i cant seem to get this style of head sharp...im certain its the blade angle

Comment

I completely agree about the sharpness of 3 blade heads.

However, I purchased the Stay Sharp 344 and used that to re-do the blade angle on these heads and it made a huge difference in how sharp I can get them.

Comment

Its SS but really soft... in the 40s Rockwell.... as a result, edge retention is gonna be iffy. As far as sharpness on a 3 blade ... a QAD Exodus out of the package is 200 on my BESS sharpness testing, I can get most 3 blades to 225-250, that's just a limitation of the 30 degree bevel. Now most 3 blades come "new" at 300-375 which is just horrible, so do some replaceable blade broadheads. I haven't personally seen anything below 200 out of the pack. Having said that I can get an Iron Will down to 125.... and that's... scary sharp. If you're going for the SS3... might as well buy Deepower off amazon, actually higher hardness, way cheaper.... but not made in the US. I don't understand the SS3.... its basically a clone of the Montec M3 with a heavier nose.

Comment

Working...
                              X