Texas Hunt Lodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Hunt Lodge

The last post about this place I saw was 9 years old. Does anyone have any info on this place? Good? Bad? I’m just wanting an axis meat hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a well run operation (never been). Don’t think you’ll have issues killin

Comment

Excellent Outfitter

I’ve been there 2 times for hunts both for Axis & Addax. Justin Taylor was my guide both times 830-456-3657 is his cell. Their offices and overnight accommodations are 1st class. They operate basically as a brokerage by having access to several operations & ranch throughout the Kerrville area. The lodge is located on the Guadeloupe River (actually across the road from the river front) in Kerrville. You lodge there and drive out to your selected ranch for the hunt. They’ll take care of you & assist with dropping your animals at Bernhardt’s Meat Market in Ingram. They offer in house taxidermy services. The prices are posted on the website so call Justin or Jordan Anders 830-377-8377 to book your hunt. They are good to work with and I plan on using them again.

Comment

Originally posted by OleMissReb View Post
        I’ve been there 2 times for hunts both for Axis & Addax. Justin Taylor was my guide both times 830-456-3657 is his cell. Their offices and overnight accommodations are 1st class. They operate basically as a brokerage by having access to several operations & ranch throughout the Kerrville area. The lodge is located on the Guadeloupe River (actually across the road from the river front) in Kerrville. You lodge there and drive out to your selected ranch for the hunt. They’ll take care of you & assist with dropping your animals at Bernhardt’s Meat Market in Ingram. They offer in house taxidermy services. The prices are posted on the website so call Justin or Jordan Anders 830-377-8377 to book your hunt. They are good to work with and I plan on using them again.

Great to hear. Thanks for the detailed write up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We actually just got our meat from our hunt there last week. As stated, the operation is good quality and very comfortable accommodations. There are plenty of animals to choose from. It was our first high fence hunt. It was what I expected it to be.

Bernhardt's did a good job on the processing. However, I'm not a fan of their pan sausage. It's pretty dry with very little flavor. The axis filets are excellent, the first axis we had tasted. Can't wait to try some buffalo next.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan C View Post
            We actually just got our meat from our hunt there last week. As stated, the operation is good quality and very comfortable accommodations. There are plenty of animals to choose from. It was our first high fence hunt. It was what I expected it to be.

Bernhardt's did a good job on the processing. However, I'm not a fan of their pan sausage. It's pretty dry with very little flavor. The axis filets are excellent, the first axis we had tasted. Can't wait to try some buffalo next.
            How was the bison hunt?

Comment

Try the “little hot” next time at Bernhards; much better flavor on the pan sausage. You can also ask them to add more pork if it was too dry

Comment

Working...
              X