No announcement yet.

How far is your walk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drive the Jeep 2.1 miles from my camper. Park it, gather my chit and walk in the last 500-600 yards

Comment

Just mapped out 5 or six stops on our lease.

Anywhere between 600 and 1000 yards is the average. Also have one thats only 200

Comment

Probably not far enough... usually about 250 yards.

Comment

Sometime just from the drivers seat to the high rack.

Comment

I used to walk all over creation in the dark, then it occurred to me that I was probably just scattering scent all over where it was largely un-necessary.

I find a good spot to leave the truck, in a direction that I like the wind, and get after it.

I have one where I park the truck 40 yds from the blind and it’s completely out of view.

I’ll hunt from the truck a couple times a year and always see deer as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all actually get out of your vehicle to hunt???

Comment

1/4 mile on 1 and 3/4 a mile another.

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
                Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Sometimes 300 yds and sometimes 600 yds

Comment

Out the back porch, trudge 80 yds to the first tree stand and about 180 to lower tree stand. Wife has a dinner bell on the porch! I ask her not to use it when I am in a tree please.

Comment

8 years so far [emoji56]

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Mine vary from 200 to 400 to about 800 yards. Bad thing about the short one is I can't get a 4 wheeler in there so I have to carry in all my feed and drag out anything I kill.

Comment

50 yards to 3/4 mile depending on stand and pasture conditions. If conditions are wet the walk is long.

Comment

My shortest is about 20 yards and the longest is about 100 to rifle blinds, add another 100 yards if i'm going to a bow stand. We use golf carts on our place and have found good places to keep them out of view and away from the deer's travel routes over the years.

Comment

I have always walked 300-500 yards when bow hunting. That might change.. Last weekend it was to hot to leave my dog in the truck with the windows halfway down (camp had electric issue so I couldn’t leave her there) and I had my dad with me. I parked the truck about 70 yards from my tripod and left it running with my dog inside. It turned out to be my best bow hunt ever. 9 deer and 10 pigs came in to the feeder. I ended up shooting a pig at 15 yards on hand corn.

Comment

400 yards for me. I usually don't walk in until there is enough light to see

Comment

Working...
                                X