Fines and the GW Creating Sate Revenue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
    We all know it's about generating revenue (and qualifying for the toaster)!

Trailboss
    I love the line about quotas...."We don't have quotas -- they let me write as many as I want to!"

Originally posted by millertime520 View Post
    burnt out license plate illuminator this is just an excuse for them to pull you over
    or in English, a "reason"

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
      Sounds like you won. Sorry it happened but in the end you did what you had to do and got justice. Now clean out all potential contraband out of your truck...
      It's not justice when the guy lost $1500 in lawyer fees only to have a bogus charge dropped. I'm not the smartest person in the world but to me thats still losing.

I know because something similar happened to me although I caved in like a little pansie girl and just paid the cheaper bogus fine (which my lawyer at the free into meeting told me to do).

I have no problems with GW's. But I can tell you I am afraid to get checked by ANY LEO. Is that because I'm a bad guy doing sneaky things..No it's not. It's because you never know when they WANT to give a ticket. Because if they do they will search until they find something. Lucky for me one time a LCRA cop checked me on the water and I was 100% legal. He checked everything you can imagine, even the kids life jacket weight limits on the tags.

I saw a GW at the lake on Sat. I would have liked to ask him a few questions, get his name and area he covers etc. But instead I avoided him. Why? Because I did not want to be next in line getting checked for 10-20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        It's not justice when the guy lost $1500 in lawyer fees only to have a bogus charge dropped. I'm not the smartest person in the world but to me thats still losing.

I know because something similar happened to me although I caved in like a little pansie girl and just paid the cheaper bogus fine (which my lawyer at the free into meeting told me to do).

I have no problems with GW's. But I can tell you I am afraid to get checked by ANY LEO. Is that because I'm a bad guy doing sneaky things..No it's not. It's because you never know when they WANT to give a ticket. Because if they do they will search until they find something. Lucky for me one time a LCRA cop checked me on the water and I was 100% legal. He checked everything you can imagine, even the kids life jacket weight limits on the tags.

I saw a GW at the lake on Sat. I would have liked to ask him a few questions, get his name and area he covers etc. But instead I avoided him. Why? Because I did not want to be next in line getting checked for 10-20 minutes.
        exactly how I feel for some of the same reasons....in my youth I had similar things happen....and when they put the fear of jail into you....knowing you basically do not have the means to fight it and or knowing that fighting it would end up costing more....they bank on you caving....it's not about the truth.....they get the conviction and the county gets money....those that say it does not happen are blind or won't admit it.....it's all about the Benjamin's...

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
          exactly how I feel for some of the same reasons....in my youth I had similar things happen....and when they put the fear of jail into you....knowing you basically do not have the means to fight it and or knowing that fighting it would end up costing more....they bank on you caving....it's not about the truth.....they get the conviction and the county gets money....those that say it does not happen are blind or won't admit it.....it's all about the Benjamin's...

I will say there are a lot of good LEO's out there. And when I agree it's about the money I am NOT blaming the LEO's. It's the whole system IMO.

And the light being out is an excuse, period. You can/could not sit here and tell me they ever pull someone over for improper plate illumination WITHOUT checking everything else. Hence an excuse to check you out. Which IMO would be fine if they (being all LEO's) could check fast AND use a little common sense. Like once they start checking they should know real fast if the person is good/bad. If they pull me over and I have not slept in 20 hours and my car is filled with trash etc... I can understand them looking deeper. But if it's Yes sir..and I hand them up to date everything right away, the car is clean etc. Why keep looking? I just hate the guilty until I just simply can not find anything wrong and give up way of thinking.

Comment

I got stopped by a Sonora cop on Sunday with a deer on my tailgate. Local cop checked my hunting licence and tags...seemed WAY out of his jurisdiction to me...

Comment

Dallas news, headlines, weather, sports and traffic from KDFW FOX 4 News, serving Dallas-Fort Worth, North Texas and the state of Texas.

Comment

Sure seems like that phrase to serve and protect has changed to stop and collect.Just my observation lately.I guess the economy puts everyone under pressure to make the budget.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                  I got stopped by a Sonora cop on Sunday with a deer on my tailgate. Local cop checked my hunting licence and tags...seemed WAY out of his jurisdiction to me...
                  Way out of his normal patrol duties? Yes.

Out of his jurisdiction? No.

Comment

I respect LEO's and very much appreciate the service they provide. However, my last two meetings with GW's were nothing to write home about. I had no violations and did nothing to warrant any investigation, which is fine, I can overlook the unlawful search but the lack of common courtesy, respect, and overall demeanor of the GW's was a real slap in the face. I hope these guys are the exception not the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Longstick View Post
                      asking for one of my lease members..he was stopped on 183 between Cisco and Brownwood Fri night on way to lease by GW,,,was told he had a burnt license illuminator on back plate,,how do you see that passing each other at 65?? GOOD EYES?? He warned him after he shined his truck bed
                      Stopped AGAIN by trooper sat afternoon between Bangs and Brownwood for a reason I cant remember<old timers disease> and cut loose after a truck bed search
                      STOPPED AGAIN on sun coming home for speeding and argued he had GPS for trucker saying he was doing 65 and cruise set on 65! Meanwhile trooper got the GW out of the car which searched his doe kill tag and he had forgotten to write the county on it..BINGO!! They finally nailed him..so how much this ticket going to cost? Anyone paid one yet?
                      He thinks he was targeted because his truck looked like a hunters truck a Z71
                      TO TOP ALL OF THIS OFF THEY NEED TO BE WALKING FENCE LINES AND NAIL THE CORN BANDIT THAT KEEPS FLIPPING MY GAME CAMS UPSIDE DOWN AND LOCKING THME IN PLACE WITH A LIMB! Thats one smart coon!
                      The GPS navigational systems presented to you today, are meant to show you the various options you have with regards to features, ease of use and installation, to make the most of your days on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy2Loris View Post
                        The GPS navigational systems presented to you today, are meant to show you the various options you have with regards to features, ease of use and installation, to make the most of your days on the road.
                        FYI this thread is 9 years old!!

Comment

If I'm not hunting or carrying fish or game my answer is I don't have a hunting/fishing license on me. No license necessary to transport corn to lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy2Loris View Post
                            You is from New York and this here thread is 9 years old. Did you know some real estate guy from New York is the prez now?

Comment

Originally posted by Longstick View Post
                              Meanwhile trooper got the GW out of the car which searched his doe kill tag and he had forgotten to write the county on it..BINGO!! They finally nailed him..so how much this ticket going to cost? Anyone paid one yet?
                              I got a ticket for forgetting the county many years ago and it was $150. I felt like a total idiot when the GW found that. Can't believe I forgot to do it.

Comment

it's been nine years, did you get that light fixed yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X