No announcement yet.

2018 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds like Cole Beasley won't be back. He's accusing the front office of determining who gets the ball the most, at least until the 2 minute offense is in. Said that's why he rarely gets the ball until the final 2 minutes. He wants the ball more often, but I'm sure he just made the Jones mad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
      It sounds like Cole Beasley won't be back. He's accusing the front office of determining who gets the ball the most, at least until the 2 minute offense is in. Said that's why he rarely gets the ball until the final 2 minutes. He wants the ball more often, but I'm sure he just made the Jones mad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk
      Yep, HE GONE!!!! But he is right

Comment

funny in a way Tony Romo will star in a Super Bowl after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Sure he can call plays but he was seemingly less creative than Linehan... hence my post.
          I think he had several teams that were top 10 offenses, most of them were with Romo but at least one of them was when Romo was hurt most of the season.

Comment

I seem to recall Garrett not making good decisions with clock management, etc, when he was the play caller early on as the head coach. I think the play calling was basically taken away from him so he wouldn't have so much to manage.
            Hopefully the Jones don't give him an extension on his contract this off-season. It appears that they've given Garrett the play calling duties, a new offensive coordinator and a new quarterback coach. The offense needs to improve and become less predictable. Dak's footwork, accuracy and overall performance must improve. In-game or half-time adjustments need to be made. If not, hopefully they will get rid of Garrett after this next season. He's not a bad coach, but he's nothing special either. I'm sure they won't, they have a great puppet that does what he's told.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I seem to recall Garrett not making good decisions with clock management, etc, when he was the play caller early on as the head coach. I think the play calling was basically taken away from him so he wouldn't have so much to manage.
              Hopefully the Jones don't give him an extension on his contract this off-season. It appears that they've given Garrett the play calling duties, a new offensive coordinator and a new quarterback coach. The offense needs to improve and become less predictable. Dak's footwork, accuracy and overall performance must improve. In-game or half-time adjustments need to be made. If not, hopefully they will get rid of Garrett after this next season. He's not a bad coach, but he's nothing special either. I'm sure they won't, they have a great puppet that does what he's told.

I think it was his clock management that cost him the play calling duties, several coaches now have a clock management coach on the team. Speaking of QB coaches, it was reported that several teams were interested in Moore as a QB coach or OC, I think his stock is much higher than what most think, they say he has a very high football IQ, looks as if we are going to see.

Comment

Garrett and Linehan were one in the same. You know they have the same conservative offensive philosophies.....Its just going to be a retread of the same crap we forgot about 5-6 years ago if he's calling the plays minus Romo.

Maybe Kellen Moore can juice it up....but that remains to be seen.

Comment

Garrett and Linehan were one in the same. You know they have the same conservative offensive philosophies.....Its just going to be a retread of the same crap we forgot about 5-6 years ago if he's calling the plays minus Romo.

Maybe Kellen Moore can juice it up....but that remains to be seen.
                  Dallas did take more chances and go for it on 4th down towards the end of the year. Hopefully some of that will continue depending on the situation at the time.

Comment

Dallas did take more chances and go for it on 4th down towards the end of the year. Hopefully some of that will continue depending on the situation at the time.

Yeah....by conservative I meant play calling...ie dink and dunk routes,...running on first down. 3 curls and a cloud of dust

Comment

Garrett only changes stuff up when the media questions his calls. The media asked why Dak doesn’t run more, next week Dak ran more. The media asked about going for it on 4th down more, the next week they went for it more on 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        Garrett only changes stuff up when the media questions his calls. The media asked why Dak doesn’t run more, next week Dak ran more. The media asked about going for it on 4th down more, the next week they went for it more on 4th.
                        David Moore needs to give Garrett the play script for the first 15 plays of each game. Couldn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                          David Moore needs to give Garrett the play script for the first 15 plays of each game. Couldn't hurt.
                          Great idea!

Comment

Yeah....by conservative I meant play calling...ie dink and dunk routes,...running on first down. 3 curls and a cloud of dust
                            I'm sure the dink and dunk passes are because they know Dak isn't accurate so they call short pass plays for him.

Comment

It’s official. Kellen Moore is new OC and Jon Kitna is QB coach.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                                It’s official. Kellen Moore is new OC and Jon Kitna is QB coach.
                                So that equals super bowl wins right. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X