Why do you bowhunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    The whole point of the question is this. Why would this group dog pile a good person because he chose a less efficient method to take game? He wants a challenge, and practices to ensure he’s up to that challenge. Just like y’all do as bow hunters. Those specifically doing it for the challenge, which bow hunting is a less efficient method of taking game as well compared to rifles at normal distances as well. If you’re capable, and confident in your ability to make the shot then that’s all that should matter. I’m not seeing him call the dogs, which is more than I can say for many of the 20-40 yd hunters in here.

Who are you talking about? A specific example?

Comment

Because its fun

Comment

Ah so that word in there gives you the right to be an uppity ******* to other sportsmen just because they deem another challenging method to be their choice when in fact their method is no less efficient than the one you chose.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Just like all the butthurt hypocrites over someone being more capable than them

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Because I enjoy it
            Plus backstraps, buck sticks, and dried sausage.

Nothing beats not being able to take a breath when the buck/doe is so close you can see the drops of moisture on it's whiskers!!!!
            Last edited by dustoffer; 01-11-2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Who are you talking about? A specific example?
              A thread in other side of the ranch where a bunch of self righteous hunters dog piled another member for his 790 yd shot on a doe, when it was far more humane of a kill than most of the accounts I read on here. Radar just so happened to be one of those people.
              Last edited by TX03RUBI; 01-11-2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post

Yessir! The food ain't bad either

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                  I usually end up taking a doe cause I like that stuff too

Comment

A thread in other side of the ranch where a bunch of self righteous hunters dog piled another member for his 790 yd shot on a doe, when it was far more humane of a mile than most of the accounts I read on here. Radar just so happened to be one of those people.

Gotcha. I didn't see the thread.

IMO if anyone is hunting legally then more power to them.
                    Last edited by AntlerCollector; 01-11-2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Just like all the butthurt hypocrites over someone being more capable than them

I'm good with cheatersticks.... I don't think your use of the word hypocrites is used correctly in this instance but whatever floats your barrel..

Comment

Sounds like the OP needs his opossum massaged

Comment

A thread in other side of the ranch where a bunch of self righteous hunters dog piled another member for his 790 yd shot on a doe, when it was far more humane of a mile than most of the accounts I read on here. Radar just so happened to be one of those people.
                          Nope, read all my posts again. Did not criticize anyone. I brought up two points, one was about shooting at the doe and the other about how much energy a bullet has at long distance. Never said a bad word about Hoyt21 or the shot.

I do not like the banter about a bow hunter needing a tracking dog, and that seems to be commonplace on here anymore. I cannot for the life of me figure out why needing a tracking dog is a bad thing. It sucks to lose any animal you wound, and to use a dog to increase your odds of finding it cannot be bad thing. You cannot compare rifle hunting to bow hunting it is two totally different methods especially traditional bow. I have lost deer and pigs I have shot with a bow and have made myself sick worrying about it.

There are a lot of good people on here that have tracking dogs and do not charge nearly enough for what is worth when the animal is found.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I'm good with cheatersticks.... I don't think your use of the word hypocrites is used correctly in this instance but whatever floats your barrel..
                            Someone that chooses a less efficient means of killing because they like a challenge makes fun of someone else who chooses a less efficient means of killing because he likes a challenge. If hypocrite isn’t the word please tell me what is?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              Nope, read all my posts again. Did not criticize anyone. I brought up two points, one was about shooting at the doe and the other about how much energy a bullet has at long distance. Never said a bad word about Hoyt21 or the shot.

I do not like the banter about a bow hunter needing a tracking dog, and that seems to be commonplace on here anymore. I cannot for the life of me figure out why needing a tracking dog is a bad thing. It sucks to lose any animal you wound, and to use a dog to increase your odds of finding it cannot be bad thing. You cannot compare rifle hunting to bow hunting it is two totally different methods especially traditional bow. I have lost deer and pigs I have shot with a bow and have made myself sick worrying about it.

There are a lot of good people on here that have tracking dogs and do not charge nearly enough for what is worth when the animal is found.
                              The only reason I’m comparing them is that they are both less efficient means to kill than what is available. Long distance rifles anyways. I thought I saw you dogpiling him, but I apologize if I was incorrect.

The tracking dog is brought up because he dropped his deer near his shot. No dog needed. But all these “ethical” hunters that dog piled him have their deer run far further than what Hoyt did. My only thoughts on the subject is stay within your means, whether that’s 20 yds or 1000 yds.

Comment

Someone that chooses a less efficient means of killing because they like a challenge makes fun of someone else who chooses a less efficient means of killing because he likes a challenge. If hypocrite isn’t the word please tell me what is?
                                Both a bow and a long range rifle are less efficient compared to what?

Comment

Working...
                                X